Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by maartenJ-2 3 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 22, 2016 at 5:59 pm #843828

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi Alin and Preston, when I attempted to run the import on your site, I was unable to assign the translated taxonomies without setting the fields as "do nothing" instead of translate. I also realized that the fields on my test site were set to "do nothing" which is why it worked on my test site.

I have escalated this ticket to our 2nd Tier Support team so that they can take a deeper look at the issue. Please allow them some time to investigate further and they will reply back here.

Thanks for your patience.
Lauren

March 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm #846104

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, this is Ahmed Ibrahim from second tier support.

This issue was reported before and this should be fixed with version WPML All import 2.0.2, see here the changelog for 2.0.2: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-all-import/?section=changelog, but it seems that there is something wrong happened. I have replicated the issue with a clean installation using the normal categories and posts for WP.

So I have reported this to the developers again and will update you soon I get their reply.
Best Regards.

April 11, 2016 at 10:05 am #857965

prestonC

Hello Ahmed, any updates on this issue ?

April 11, 2016 at 10:55 am #858020

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

we have two scenarios to import posts with terms, first scenario is to insert the terms and translate term before doing any import, and the second way is to import the terms also from the file like the posts, so we have made 2 videos to show you this, by using default posts and categories for WP.

Th first one, create terms and translate them first (works correctly):
hidden link

The second one is still having bug and it was escalated to our developer and I will update you soon he will fix it:
hidden link

The files and the template we used in the tests :
hidden link

Best Regards.

July 4, 2017 at 2:51 pm #1311799

Ibrahim Turan

We are also having similar issue.
This is screenshot of issue
hidden link

This is screenshot of English version import
hidden link

When we changed value of producers like appending '-en' it was working and generating but then we need to rename them again with original name.

July 24, 2017 at 9:52 pm #1326186

Ibrahim Turan

Hi WPML,

Can you still reply on my issue?

Basically while importing in WP ALL Import the taxonomies are not created in multiple languages. Which is what we need to have! Please either fix this, or guide us towards a solution so we can build it ourselves.

Thanks

July 25, 2017 at 11:27 am #1326538

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi Ibrahim Turan,

Could you please open a new thread for your issue, and you will get all the help that you need.

Best Regards.

July 25, 2017 at 11:29 am #1326540

Ibrahim Turan

Sure, already did that actually here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-all-import-does-not-create-taxonomies-in-different-languages/

June 5, 2018 at 9:34 am #2273578

maartenJ-2

this issue is just because the add-on still has no implementation for taxonomies even though the support claims they do. The solutions provided in this thread are just lazy and not possible if you have 6000+ products with 2000+ taxonomies and 5 languages.

If you go look in /plugins/wpml-all-import/wpml-all-import.php you can find TODOs in the code so the addon just doest not handle this. Please add this functionality.