This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 8:14 am

Albert

I am trying to: assign a job to a translator. The pages are built with ACF, but only the basic fields are showing.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: pean.convident.website

I expected to see: all the fields, translatable. As the tutorial on https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/ shows

Instead, I got:
Only the basic fields.

I made a user with the translation rights. I have tried all the steps traced in the tutorial above but I can't get it working as it should.

The website is a test environment so please be my guest to try anything! I have had this problem with multiple sites but never get it to work. On one occasion the translation works but only with the normal WordPress editor. As I use the WPML advanced translator nothing seems to show.

August 22, 2019 at 11:10 am #4438559

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Albert,

I just looked at the homepage and when I try to edit it (hidden link) and scroll down to the bottom, all the custom fields are set not to be translatable.

Now, can you edit the German translation, make sure that it's 100% translated (you can see the progress on the bottom side, set the custom fields to be translatable, then try again to edit the translation, please?

This time, the custom fields should be available for translation. Just give this a try and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

August 23, 2019 at 10:02 am #4445819

Albert

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there no automated solution? This website has a lot of pages and custom fields attached to it...

August 23, 2019 at 10:09 am #4445845

Albert

And when I set the fields to translatable they are still not showing. Also, all the fields are not showing on the default language homepage anymore...

August 26, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4458295

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Albert,

If you want to change the settings for all the custom fields at once, you can go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Custom Fields Translation section, and look for all the custom fields, please?

Also, I checked the homepage (hidden link), and I could see that the whole translation for it is empty now. I wanted to have a look at the issue you described, regarding the fields that are not showing on the default language homepage anymore. Can you give me a few more details about this, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML and ACF not working as it should’ is closed to new replies.