This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 3:59 pm

Julien

I am trying to: Translate pages and DIVI Library

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The section "Formation en compétences essentielles" should be translated

Instead, I got: the english content

Sometime when I'm trying to translate just a part of a page the rest of the page need to be translated again, or in the case shown here (a-propos page) the DIVI Library module is translated by shown in english instead of french.

May 28, 2019 at 8:42 am #3904095

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hmmm

Could you please indicate where I would find the shortcodes that you have set as the content for the slider that is not updating?

And could you please create a new post with just this slider element in it and see if it translates correctly?

Thank you

May 29, 2019 at 6:53 pm #3918261

Julien

Can you take a look at this video:
hidden link

It should answer all your questions 🙂

May 30, 2019 at 2:31 pm #3923795

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for the vid.

Alright - it seems that your translations/edits will only save to the library if you make the edit in the FR domain (see image). When I attempt to make FR edits using the EN domain, the changes do not save and do not show on frontend.

I did this and as you can see, the edits are now showing in the frontend.

May 30, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3923877

Julien

Wow... That's a bad bug... Thank you for your research. I'll try that in 2 hours and i'll update you if it worked or not for me.

Thanks again.

May 31, 2019 at 5:31 am #3927799

Yvette
Supporter

Ok - for now I´ll mark the ticket as resolved and you can confirm it later or not.

May 31, 2019 at 2:27 pm #3931253

Julien

Hi Yvette,

I tried your solution and found what seem to be the root of the problem. If I edit my translation with the advanced editor from the pencil icon in the english view of the library it's not supplied to the french version as you can see in this video :

hidden link

June 3, 2019 at 8:25 am #3940101

Yvette
Supporter

Yes - this is what I pointed out before. e.g. you can only make changes to the FR version when you are in the FR domain.

From what I understand, when you use the ATE, the editor is not handling the cross domain change well at saving time. Do you agree with this restatement?

I will need to try to setup this test case on a local server to see if this is replicable.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML and DIVI translation disappear and/or do not show on frontend’ is closed to new replies.