Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Every time the client edit manually his header in the secondary language, display conditions are lost in both original and secondary language.

Solution:
In that particular case, because the client is editing the secondary language header after the translation has been done it's better to set the translation preferences to "Copy" for display conditions.
- Go to "WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation"
- Click "Show system fields"
- Change the translation preferences for the field "_elementor_conditions" to "Copy"

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-and-elementor-display-conditions-for-templates/#post-11676865

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.66 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikiforosB 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
July 12, 2022 at 2:06 pm #11651669

nikiforosB

Hi, there is a known issue with WPML and Elementor display conditions for templates. I will give an example.
Default language: Greek
Header template
Disply conditions: Entire site

Secondary language: English
Editing the English template with elementor asks for conditions when saving.
Save without conditions
Website front end misses the greek conditions and displays the default theme layout, not the elementor's

This issue is happening on every single template editing in the secondary language, single post, page, woocommercve conditions, everywhere.

The elementor team asked me to contact WPMl since this is something related to the translations.

July 12, 2022 at 2:52 pm #11652021

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello again,

As discussed, I'd like to request a copy of your site in order to reproduce the issue you are having.

I have activated a private field for you where you can share those files.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Nico

July 14, 2022 at 2:38 pm #11667917

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Please see my private answer above.

Thanks,
Nico

July 15, 2022 at 8:33 am #11672447

nikiforosB

Hi Nicolas, thank you for the reply. I did manage to replicate the issue on the staging site, I am providing you the link to the video demonstration. It looks like that this issue occurs when editing the templates form the backend. I tried editing the template from the frontend without any issues.
hidden link

July 15, 2022 at 6:57 pm #11676769

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, I managed to reproduced it following your video. I will escalate the case and let you know as soon as I have some feedback.

Please don't delete the video because I will link to it in our internal tracking system.

Nico

July 15, 2022 at 7:44 pm #11676865

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello again,

I think I found a workaround.
- Go to "WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation"
- Click "Show system fields"
- Change the translation preferences for the field "_elementor_conditions" to "Copy"

Please test before implementing it to your live site.
The default preference is "Don't translate" but I think that in your case, because you're working on the translation afterwards it will help to keep conditions from the original.

Thanks,
Nico

July 16, 2022 at 11:43 am #11678675

nikiforosB

Hio Nicolas, thank you so much for the solution. This fixed the conditions issue and it really works great. I wish you a very pleasant weekend. Thanks again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.