Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by ivanB-15 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 21, 2018 at 11:02 am

ivanB-15

I am trying to: I have Elementor Version 2.1.0-RC1 installed. I use it with Astra theme, WPML and Woocommerce plugins.
I have created headers as Elementor templates in Czech and English language. They contains menus I have created using Woocommerce product categories.
I would like to display headers with different menus depended on what categories in menus you click on. I use "Display Conditions" to achieve that.
Problem is, it works in one language only. Lets say it works only in Czech language, but in English only some headers would be displayed, one header wouldn’t display.

There are 3 headers in Czech language:

First header has "Display Conditions" Entire Site - works fine
Second header has "Display Conditions" Woocommerce/Product categories/All - works fine
Third header has "Display Conditions" Woocommerce/Product categories/Category - works fine

3 headers in English language:

First header has "Display Conditions" Saved without conditions - works fine
Second header has "Display Conditions" Saved without conditions - works fine
Third header has "Display Conditions" Saved without conditions - doesn’t work !!!

So it seems to me that headers in English inherit "Display Conditions" from headers in Czech quiet well when set as "Entire Site" or "Woocommerce/Product categories/All", but it doesn’t inherit very well when "Display Conditions" is set to single Product category.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Elementor header with menu to display when Display Conditions is set to single Woocommerce Product category

Instead, I got: no header

Display-Conditions-2.png
Display-Conditions-1.png
July 24, 2018 at 12:27 am #2571528

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Yes, translation pages usually check the default language settings and use the same format on the translated pages.

This seems to be a compatibility issue. When you select a category in the default language, this setting will be copied into the secondary language, but the secondary language category ID is different from the primary category.

To ensure that this plugin is made fully compatible with WPML we need to contact the plugin author and work with him on resolving the issue.

I have forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Our Compatibility Team will work with the author of the plugin for this to work properly.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

Thank you.

July 24, 2018 at 9:23 am #2572954

ivanB-15

Thank you! I am glad its explained at least. Now I hope you and Elementor people will sort it out very soon successfully.

July 24, 2018 at 6:35 pm #2576210

Bruno

This seems to be a compatibility issue of how WPML and Elementor interact. It might be fixed on our side as well. When our compatibility team checks, I will contact you.

Thank you.

August 10, 2018 at 12:57 pm #2634019

ivanB-15

Hello Bruno,
I had hoped the issue would be sorted out with the new WPML 4.0.5 and Elementor 2.1.1 updates, but the problem still persists. Do you have any good news for me?
Ivan

August 10, 2018 at 4:27 pm #2634758

Bruno

Hello Ivan,

At the moment this is still a compatibility issue. This should be fixed in a future release, but unfortunately, I do not have a deadline when this should be fixed.

Also, note that at the moment I have no workaround for this. I reported it to our compatibility team and they are already working to fix it.

Thank you.

September 21, 2018 at 12:42 pm #2755206

ivanB-15

Hello Bruno,

I have another issue I think is somehow linked with the compatibility problem between WPML and Elementor.
I am trying to create Elementor templates "Product archive" and "Single product" wit Woocommerce products. It's working fine in the Czech language but doesn’t work in the English version at all. The page is just blank.

Do you have any idea how to sort it out?

(it works with another multilingual plugin, but I don’t want to pay for another plugin after I have purchased WPML)

thank you
Ivan

product_archive.png
November 17, 2018 at 12:27 pm #2915871

andyL-18

I am trying to create Elementor templates "Product archive" and "Single product" wit Woocommerce products. It's working fine in the Czech language but doesn’t work in the English version at all. The page is just blank.

Do you have any idea how to sort it out?

I have the same problem too and I need to fixed urgently!!! Please help. Thank you.

November 24, 2018 at 5:05 pm #2936626

jackE

Hello,

I have the same problem.I have 4 languages.
When I create a template with conditions it only works in one language.
Please when can we expect a solution. We 've chosen for Elementor pro to create single page templates in woocommerce. We could not test this in the free version.

Is there a workaround for this problem.

November 26, 2018 at 12:18 pm #2940004

Bruno

Hello,

From the information I have from our compatibility team, this will probably be fixed in WPML 4.1 and Elementor Pro 2.2.0. We have no workaround for this at this time.

Please, note that at the moment we do not have a deadline when the next version will be released.

Thank you.

December 9, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2981643

ivanB-15

It looks like the issue with the headers has been fixed. I hope this was fixed for the rest of you as well 🙂

Now unfortunately I have another problem. It's regarding compatibilitity with the ACF plugin. The custom fields image gallery in pages created by Elementor (dynamic content) isn't being displayed in the second language. I'm wondering now if I should open a new thread or place it here?

December 10, 2018 at 11:48 am #2983829

Bruno

I'm glad to know that the header problem has been fixed. Please, for the new issue you are reporting, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question?

According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

December 10, 2018 at 11:57 am #2983899

ivanB-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!