This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4425321

trimorS

Hi. I have a lot of problems in case of GDPR Cookie Consent. Strings get overwrited and when I delete all strings, it suddenly appear again and shows me the chinese translation in the German version.

I want to have three translations of the GDPR Cookie text. I finally made it to have it translated the right way but now I get a redirect from the English privacy policy to the german privacy policy in the cookie banner. How can I solve this?

August 20, 2019 at 9:59 pm #4426649

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

are you still experiencing this issue ?

when i visit your site and switch between each language i get the correct cookie notice translated as expected

August 21, 2019 at 7:47 am #4428665

trimorS

If you check the link from privacy policy in the English version, you will realize that is redirects to the German site. I don't know how. How to solve this?

August 21, 2019 at 5:04 pm #4434093

Bobby
Supporter

That is happening because if you inspect the link URL you will see that its

<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

instead of

<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

, its missing the /en/

where as the Hungarian link works fine since it has the /hu/ language code in it

August 23, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4447161

trimorS

Now I got the same problem... The German site is showing the chinese GDPR Cookie Text. I tried to delete all strings, still the same. I really do not know what to do anymore.. Can you help me here?

August 23, 2019 at 5:28 pm #4449141

Bobby
Supporter

I have visit each link and they are working as expected in all 3 languages "German,English, and Hungarian"

examine the link on the left of each one of my screenshot, they all worked well with no redirections

August 26, 2019 at 9:07 pm #4461437

trimorS

Hi. I literally invested 3h each day during the 23 august because the problem happens all the time again..

What happens: Every time I make some changes on my website, it suddenly brings the bug back again. Strings strangely get changed, Chinese appears on the cookie banner even if the language is hidden, and strings suddenly get overwritten. Please tell me how I can give you an anonymized access on the site. You can use a backup tool to check it up offline. It can't be that I need to check my cookie banner and wpml settings after every website change... that's so annoying.

August 27, 2019 at 7:16 am #4463225

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

and all these issues only happen to the cookie banner once you make any changes correct ?

If i want to reproduce the behavior , would i just make a small change in one of your pages ? Since at the moment it is working as expected when i visit your site.

and afterwards how do you fix it, or does it go back to normal by itself.

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

August 27, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4468473

trimorS

Hi. I would give you a WordPress login, where you can download the file from All-In-One-WP-Migration and rebuild in locally then. Is this okay?

August 27, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4468979

Bobby
Supporter

yes that is ok

if possible please make sure to answer my questions in the previous thread post as it is important for us to recreate the issue correctly as i am not able to reproduce this on a clean environment at the moment

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML and GDPR Cookie Consent’ is closed to new replies.