This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.12 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author Posts
June 11, 2018 at 3:47 am #2404210

adriO

Hi,

I try to update to PHP 7.1 and get a bunch of warnings concerning mcrypt. As I learned those are not that important because the code initiating them is in a wrapper function.

However there is an ERROR in the translation management plugin (as the php tester tells me.
It is:

34 | ERROR | 'clone' is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP version 5.0 and cannot be invoked as a function (T_CLONE)

What to do about it?

Best wishes,

Adri

June 12, 2018 at 10:54 am #2407746

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

I see that we addressed that in Toolset, but I saw nothing for WPML.

The thing is that this can be used a statement or function, I am not sure if this has been reviewed in WPML and created a ticket for it internally so I can feedback you here once I have news.

June 12, 2018 at 11:04 am #2407786

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

Changing status.

June 12, 2018 at 12:26 pm #2408208

adriO

Hi Beda,
Thank you for your reply.
I do hope that it will be sorted out shortly. Site speed is at upmost importance for Google ranking as you know.

I certainly don't want to loose ranking because of a bug in your plugin.

My experience however with WPML dev and the promise of a solution in the next release don't make me positive. It always takes forever and I don't want that.

Next to that... as I mentioned in several of my threads before. If there is a problem in 99% of the cases WPML is involved. I do understand that the plugin suite is a very complex set to run smoothly in such a bunch of different WordPress configurations but I'm starting to believe that the WPML theme is loosing grip on the whole thing.

You mentioned Toolset...... sorry to say but it is crap. The performance is so bad that I only use it on one site I implement it on in the past. Man..... what is it slow. especially in the admin area. It takes for ever to load a page or post......

But ok.... where can I hope for ..... it is the same company.

So, short: OnTheGoSystems, get your act together and create the products as they should be. Like you promise before a purchase is done.

Beda, feel free to share my (somewhat) negative response to anyone who may be concerned or responsible. Note however that there is nothing personal involved, I only want to persuade you guys to create real, good performing solutions (at last).

June 12, 2018 at 1:51 pm #2408472

Beda
Supporter

Our developer mentions that is is most likely a false positive, as well he confirms we did the PHP 7.xx tests.

Maybe the error you see is due to the outdated plugin on your install?
WPML Translation Management 2.6.1 (where it's 2.6.2)
WPML String Translation 2.8.1 (where it's 2.8.2)
(etc)

Please let me know how you replicate this issue in case it persists after the updates!

June 12, 2018 at 2:33 pm #2408594

adriO

Is it 'most likely' or for sure a false positive.
The message pops when I test the site with a plugin form my hosting provider (Siteground): sg optimizer.
In it is an option to test if you can expect a smooth transition to php 7.x.

There were updates available of the WPML plugins but after updating them the message still persists in the test results.

June 12, 2018 at 2:38 pm #2408624

Beda
Supporter

Not sure if this is the right plugin, hidden link

I see no issue with that plugin, but as well it doesn't really allow me to test anything.

Can you let me know how you replicate this error so we can solve it?
It seems, this is exceptionally and not replicable on other Developers tools.

It would be great to have a step by step instruction and the plugins link, to test this and eventually fix it.

June 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2408672

adriO

Hi Beda,

It is a Siteground specific plugin. When I try to upgrade to php 7.1 on the cPanel of my account at Siteground they let me download the plugin from their site. It is not in the wp plugin repo

When installed I can run it to test the site on specific parts, PHP included. When I do so the error message pops up along side a bunch of warnings (from WPML and other plugins) about the deprecation of mcrypt. As I understand those warnings about mcrypt can be ignored from the other plugins because that 'lives' in legacy code and or is wrapped in a 'if !function excists' piece of code.

So, I don't have a direct method for you to try to replicate the code......

June 12, 2018 at 2:55 pm #2408685

Beda
Supporter

OK, what file, line (34?) does that report?

It is most likely a false positive and not a used function.

Please share with us as many details you can, maybe a log in to the site to see this (inclusive steps) can help to exclude issues.

June 12, 2018 at 3:09 pm #2408707

adriO

Hi Beda,

Below the full snippet generated by the plugin. I have checked it and the 'clone' is on line 34.

FILE: /home/lokaalla/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/menu/translation-roles/class-wpml-tm-translators-view.php
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34 | ERROR | 'clone' is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP version 5.0 and cannot be invoked as a function (T_CLONE)

As I am on a very weak (slow) internet connection right now it is very difficult to provide a duplicator package. When the before mentioned is not enough to solve the issue I will be happy to create a package and upload it to my Google Drive. But perhaps this is already enough.

June 13, 2018 at 12:31 pm #2410908

Beda
Supporter

Thanks a Lot, I think as well it's a usage of function, but I will confirm this firs with the Developer in charge and update you here.

June 13, 2018 at 12:55 pm #2410985

adriO

Hi Beda,
I do hope that this points the developer in the right direction and that it will be solved in a short amount of time.

I hope to hear soon.

October 5, 2018 at 11:11 am #2790532

andreaC-50

Hi guys,
any news about this topic?

For SiteGround I should use PHP 7.1 but I still use PHP 7.0 because SiteGround tools are still reporting that:

a)
"SG Optimizer: You website doesn't run on the recommended by SiteGround PHP version."

b)
The following plugins/themes are not compatible with PHP 7.1.
WPML Multilingual CMS
Errors:
FILE: /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/utilities/wpml-data-encryptor.class.php
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 8 WARNINGS AFFECTING 3 LINES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
55 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.
55 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead
55 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.
55 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_get_iv_size() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead
69 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.
69 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_encrypt() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead
88 | WARNING | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 - use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead.
88 | WARNING | Function mcrypt_decrypt() is deprecated since PHP 7.1; use OpenSSL instead

Ciao
Andrea

October 5, 2018 at 11:18 am #2790548

Beda
Supporter

That was resolved translation manager 2.6.3, last June.

If this still happens to please open a new ticket with it as it’s probably another issue (since this was fixed)