This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.24 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was having some issues with the shipping cost calculation. The issue was random and could be reproduced by playing with quantities in the Cart page or by plying with address in cart and checkout page Solution: There were some prices differences between a translation that might have interfered with the shipping cost calculation. After fixing prices the issue was not noticed anymore.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geraldC-2 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 12:54 pm

geraldC-2

Hi

I am using WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping plugin with WPML Multilingual and WooCommerce Multilingual plugin
Take a look to my attached file.

In french version of the website the shipping area "Allemagne, Angleterre, Ecosse, Pays de Galles, Pays-Bas" doesn't work and in the english version any of the shipping area doesn't work at all.

I think there is a WPML and WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping compatibility issue. I had taken contact with the author of the other plugin.

Please could you investigate in your side to see what is going wrong?

May 3, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3736257

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I logged into your website and checked the various configurations, I am not sure if this is really caused by WPML, maybe there is a compatibility issue. For that reason, I created a new test server, please upload your plugin there and try to reproduce this issue.

You can create only 2 shipping regions just to reproduce the issue, there are already products in there, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual are installed.
Please also configure WPML similar to your website(French as default and English as translation)

Use the following link to login hidden link

If you need FTP access see the Sandbox menu.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 3, 2019 at 4:47 pm #3736985

geraldC-2

Hi Jamal,

I did what you asked. I setted all shipping zone but only for one and two products (1.4kg/product)
Then i setted the weight of all your products to 1.4Kg as in my website
I also configured WPML similar to my website(French as default and English as translation) but i can't see the french version..So i let you do now

May 5, 2019 at 6:57 pm #3743715

geraldC-2

Did you advance on my problem?

May 6, 2019 at 11:37 am #3747797

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the late reply. I was not working on the weekend.
Thank you for your efforts. But I still need more information on this ticket.

I see that you have installed 2 plugins in the test server, so we need both plugins to get the functionality working?
- WooCommerce Stock Manager
- WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping

I looked for products that have inventory enabled using WooCommerce built-in inventory system, I could not find any, would you specify the products that you enabled inventory management for?

Finally, I guess that you are managing stock using the WooCommerce Stock Manager.
Can you please provide detailed steps on how to reproduce this error? I tried to figure it out but I am still missing something. The sock is set using the "WooCommerce Stock Manager", Shipping zones are set to use the Weight Based Shipping(France zone as an example), the shipping method "Weight Based Shipping" has no rules defined!

We will need detailed steps to reproduce the issue, so anyone who could step in (2nd tier, developer, tester, etc.) can understand exactly the issue.

We would also know how you reproduce the error on the front end? what products to add? in what language? What address to choose? What outcome is expected?

Thankyou,
Jamal

May 6, 2019 at 12:25 pm #3748237

geraldC-2

Don't care about weight based shipping alone that is empty

I created 5 shippings area :
-France
-Belgique, Luxembourg
-Allemagne, Pays-Bas, Royaume-Uni (UK)
-Autriche, Danemark, Espagne, Irlande, Italie
-Suisse

Each one has got his own weight based shipping prices based on product weight.
I setted each only for 2 weights, 1.4kg = 1 product and 2.8kg = 2 products.
I think that's enough to check if it works on your demo website.
Each product weight 1.4kg that's why i installed woocommerce stock manager. It allows me to set all weight in one time.

You need to display language switcher some where reachable because you will need to switch from FR to EN.
Put 1 or 2 products into cart, go to cart and try modify shipping area and see if shipping prices is updated correctly according to shipping area choosen

-In french version of my website the shipping area “Allemagne, Pays-Bas, Royaume-Uni (UK)” doesn’t work.
-If you switch in the english version only “Allemagne, Pays-Bas, Royaume-Uni (UK)” doesn’t work.
-But if you modify quantities and update cart no one of the shippings area doesn’t work at all.
-If you begin to order from the EN version no one of the shippings area doesn’t work at all too.

It seems to have a general problem with “Allemagne, Pays-Bas, Royaume-Uni (UK)”
But English version seems to be unable to read mailing costs in the database

May be it is a WPML and WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping compatibility issue.

May 6, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3748273

geraldC-2

more screenshots

May 6, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3750535

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I translated one product to English, added it twice to the cart and calculated the shipping costs, I get the same results as in French. Cost for France and Belgium were calculated but not for the other zones.
hidden link

WPML is handling the calculation for France and Belgium zones. For other zones, this is not working even if WPML plugins are all deactivated.
Please check it, deactivate all WPML plugins and try to calculate shipping for a product.

Can you check it on your website, what is the outcome when WPML is deactivated?
Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 6, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3751347

geraldC-2

So I think i solved a part of the problem.

Inside Weight Based Shipping for “Allemagne, Pays-Bas, Royaume-Uni (UK)” i forget to check something ( > equal) for the second value. So now the issue for “Allemagne, Pays-Bas, Royaume-Uni (UK)” is solved. This shipping area behave like others.

On your demo website now every shipping area is behaving nicely.

But on my own: hidden link
it is not the case

In FR version everything is ok, every shipping area are detected, when i update quantities, shipping price is updated and if i modify shipping area, the shipping price is still updated according to country prices.

In EN version no shipping area are detected. And sometimes France yes it is but when i update quantities, shipping area is not detected anymore.

To reproduce the issue, play with quantities, update cart, shipping area and language switcher

May 6, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3751471

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, so now we can say that there is no compatibility issue between WPML and the plugin.

So I tested with few quantities and addresses in your website and I am always getting the same result between both languages.
Can you please help reproduce this issue, give an example that is giving different results between languages?

Best regards,
Jamal

May 6, 2019 at 5:25 pm #3751473

geraldC-2

Is there something to set in Woocommerce Multilingual ?
here maybe : hidden link

May 6, 2019 at 5:32 pm #3751487

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Shipping classes are different from shipping zones, they are related to products. You may apply different shipping classes for the same shipping zone.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 6, 2019 at 5:49 pm #3751585

geraldC-2

So first of all, i am on Chrome Browser.

- FR version of the website
-24 bottles in cart
- for shipping : Livraison Gratuite (Free Shipping)
- I switch to EN
- for shipping still : Livraison Gratuite (Free Shipping)
- I turn down quantities to 23 bottles and update the cart
-for shipping : 18€ (that is normal)
- i turn up to 24 bottles back
-And then shipping area is not detected anymore
-So i modify quantities and sometimes shipping area is detected and sometime not, even if modify shipping area to another. It is random

May 6, 2019 at 7:26 pm #3752315

geraldC-2

And i also tried to go to checkout page (next page of the sale process) and modified many times the country field in EN version and met a lot of fails against always fine in FR version on checkout page

May 7, 2019 at 1:04 pm #3758071

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I finally was able to reproduce the issue on France zone, with 4 bottles, I was having 18$ shipping in French and it was not calculated in English.

I suspect a cache issue, but to analyze this further, I prefer to have a local copy, would you allow me to take a Duplicator snapshot to investigate this issue locally?

Best regards,
Jamal