This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was having some issues with the shipping cost calculation. The issue was random and could be reproduced by playing with quantities in the Cart page or by plying with address in cart and checkout page Solution: There were some prices differences between a translation that might have interfered with the shipping cost calculation. After fixing prices the issue was not noticed anymore.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geraldC-2 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 10:37 am #3775241

geraldC-2

OK i allow you but if you need to duplicate it I just ask you disabled indexing from search engines, and delete it after that the issue is solved

May 9, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3776281

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I managed to download the snapshot. I also had to deactivate Wordfence during snapshot build, now it is reactivated again.

I'll check it locally and come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 10, 2019 at 9:38 am #3782831

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I built successfully your website copy on my computer, but I could not find the cause of this issue. It is still happening with a default theme and a minimal set of packages. I still suspect it is a compatibility issue.

Can you please try to reproduce the issue again on our clean install. I'll escalate it directly to our developers if we can reproduce it.
hidden link

In the meanwhile, I'll approach our 2nd Tier for their help.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 10, 2019 at 12:11 pm #3784043

geraldC-2

Hi

On your installation the problem doesn't exist. It works fine there

May 12, 2019 at 11:34 am #3792949

geraldC-2

Waiting for your help

May 13, 2019 at 12:55 pm
May 13, 2019 at 12:56 pm #3798409

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please see my previous private reply at "MAY 13, 2019 AT 12:55 PM". Follow the procedure to migrate your website to our server, this would help us investigate and resolve this issue fastly.

Thank you,
Jamal

May 15, 2019 at 10:01 am #3814711

geraldC-2

Hi Jamal,

I just had launched the migration, I will inform you in the next message when it is finished

May 15, 2019 at 11:09 am #3815431

geraldC-2

The migration process is finished, you can move forward

May 15, 2019 at 2:21 pm #3817571

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I tried again in the migrated site and as of now, I could not reproduce the issue. I played with the quantities and with the country, and I get the same result for both languages. I can tell that the issue is not happening on the migrated server.

I tried, France, UK, Belgium, Germany and I am getting the same result each time. Can you try to see from your end?

The conclusion that I can make, is that there is some caching system in your hosting that is interfering with the shipping cost calculation. I also tested in the cart page and checkout page for both languages.

Please test and let me know your results.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 16, 2019 at 8:23 am #3823085

geraldC-2

That's very strange. On my side, testing the migrated site, the issue is still the same, with Jupiter theme (quantity and country updates only work for french version and not for english) and with Twenty Nineteen Theme it looks to work fine (quantity and country updates work for french and english version)

May 16, 2019 at 11:51 am #3825607

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I can try again to see if I reproduced the issue with the theme.

In the meanwhile, please upload your theme to this server and try to reproduce the error. If reproduced with the theme, it is for sure a compatibility conflict between WPML, the plugin, and the theme. I will escalate it then to our compatibility team for a fix.
But we will need to know some ordered steps to reproduce it.

Kind regards,
Jamal

May 16, 2019 at 4:00 pm #3827753

geraldC-2

Jamal,

The theme (Jupiter Theme) is already on the migrated site.

May 16, 2019 at 6:18 pm #3828799

geraldC-2

The "Weight Based Shipping" plugin author tells me : "After checking it on your staging, it appears that the cart page isn’t updated correctly sometimes. After changing the quantity you have to refresh the page to see the actual shipping rates.

Weight Based Shipping doesn’t have much control over that. It does only provide rates to WooCommerce in a response to a request. Everything else like displaying and updating the rates is handled by WooCommerce and might be affected by current theme, active plugins and custom code snippets."

May 17, 2019 at 11:53 am #3834231

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. After all our investigation and the plugin's author analysis. It seems that this is a compatibility issue with the theme.

Our process to handle compatibility issues is to reproduce in a clean install. The migrated site is not counted as a clean install, as it already has data in the database and it is using more plugins that we need. I have to kindly ask you to upload the theme to our clean install
hidden link

If we manage to reproduce the error, I'll escalate it to our compatibility team for further analysis.

Thank you for your collaboration.
Jamal