This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was having some issues with the shipping cost calculation. The issue was random and could be reproduced by playing with quantities in the Cart page or by plying with address in cart and checkout page Solution: There were some prices differences between a translation that might have interfered with the shipping cost calculation. After fixing prices the issue was not noticed anymore.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geraldC-2 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 1:40 pm #3834897

geraldC-2

Hi Jamal

I installed Jupiter Theme on the clean wordpress and the issue appears like on my site

May 20, 2019 at 10:46 am #3846069

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your efforts. The issue is somehow random and i could not find a proper way to reproduce it on the Jupiter theme. I am approaching our 2nd Tier for help on this and i'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Jamal

May 20, 2019 at 5:17 pm #3849287

geraldC-2

Hi Jamal
Jupiter theme author tells me:

"I found something that might help the WMPL team investigate it further. I believe it has issues detecting the current language via AJAX correctly. I found some similar topics in WPML forums but most of them handed the thread to the premium support team. "

May 22, 2019 at 1:07 pm #3865875

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I checked again the WPML Ajax configuration and it is already set.

I played again with a product and I was able to partially reproduce the error with a specific product.
- French: hidden link
- English: hidden link

When I play with the quantities in the English site, below 4 bottles, the shipping cost is not calculated as it does in the French cart page. And I noticed that sometimes the cart was calculated with the price 18€ and sometimes with 17€. See the attached image.
The English product has also a wrong weight in Backend, see the attached image.

Can you remove the English translation, then remove it completely from the Trash and create another translation. Please check again in the English cart if playing with the quantities reproduces the issue.
We need to test extensively until we can find a way to reproduce the issue.

Can you also activate time_limit and set it to a value like 100, I could not find what sets it to 0, this also could help us spot something.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 22, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3867481

geraldC-2

Hi jamal

"And I noticed that sometimes the cart was calculated with the price 18€ and sometimes with 17€. See the attached image."
Effectively there was an error between the french price and the english price (18€/17€)
I corrected it.

I don't understand exactly what did you mean with "Can you remove the English translation, then remove it completely from the Trash and create another translation." Of this product only Pinot Noir Quintessence 2015 or all products ?
So i checked and corrected all differences between french and english products. And now every products (FR/UK) are exactly the same.

And guess what.. it seems to work now !
Please take a look by yourself and confirm me if for you too there is non more issue

May 23, 2019 at 12:56 pm #3875463

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I meant only the product that I discovered, I suggested deleting the translation to avoid any side effects from a simple update. Now that I tested again with the same product, I could not see the issue. I am not sure if it is solved because we were not able to fully reproduce it.

I'll set the ticket as may be resolved, you can reopen it if you still encounter any issue.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 26, 2019 at 8:30 am #3891353

geraldC-2

Thank you Jamal for you help !
You can set as solved

May 26, 2019 at 8:31 am #3891357

geraldC-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!