Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Amir 8 years, 12 months ago.

Author Posts
February 26, 2011 at 7:26 pm #22563

Amir
Supporter

WPML 2.1.1 is mostly compatible with WordPress 3.1. We're using it on our own site, and we're aware of several issues.
These issues are already fixed in the development version. We're completing the testing and will release an updated version on Monday, Feb 28.
Known issues:
* Pages list doesn't have the translation controls.
* Post list, filtered by category, returns empty.
* Custom post archives (new in WP 3.1) don't include language attributes.
* Author profiles don't include language attributes.
* Several PHP notices in WP_DEBUG mode.
* WPML logo appears in the Plugins page.
If you have another issue related with WordPress 3.1, please add a comment here or create a new thread.

February 27, 2011 at 6:26 pm #22565

stefan

thank u, great job. I don´t konw, if is it a bug or has been never scripted yet: the Alt & Titel Text / despription of nextgen gallery shows no input for translation. It would be wonderful if it is possible to insert different language text there.
best regards

February 27, 2011 at 7:37 pm #22566

Amir
Supporter

About NextGen, I've started a <a href="http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-can-we-add-multilingual-support-via-wpml">discussion</a> about it in NextGet Support forum:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-can-we-add-multilingual-support-via-wpml
Basically, I've offered the author to do this work on their code and make NextGen fully translatable - the right way.
You're welcome to join there and add your voice.

February 28, 2011 at 10:31 am #22567

Amir
Supporter

WPML 2.1.2 is now released and includes support for all the new features in WordPress 3.1.

February 28, 2011 at 3:31 pm #22568

juan

Amir, what do you suggest update first... WP or WPML?

February 28, 2011 at 3:33 pm #22569

Amir
Supporter

First update WPML. Version 2.1.2 supports WP 3.1, so when you upgrade WP too, things should continue to run smooth.
I must recommend that you upgrade WordPress on a test site first. There are not so many changes between WP 3.0 and WP 3.1, but quite enough to cause other things to break. WPML should not cause any problems, but you have the theme and other plugins to consider too.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML and WordPress 3.1’ is closed to new replies.