This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 3:18 pm #1961741

Dinesh sharma

Hello,

When I Duplicate product English to German its not working.
The error generated by the browser is that too_many_redirects.
There are 301 redirects defined which are permanent redirects.
The 301 redirects are defined in Yoast SEO -> Redirects

Please help me to fix it.

May 4, 2018 at 11:13 am #1973888

Dinesh sharma

Hello,

Please update me on this.

Thanks.

May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm #1974725

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this issue

1. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Examples
Please provide links to examples where this is happening so I can investigate.

3. Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

thx

May 4, 2018 at 1:41 pm #1976149

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I connected to your site and saw that you had a number of products in the trash that shared the same title as products that were published.

This can cause problems as WordPress will use the post title to retrieve the post from the database and it may attempt to retrieve from the trash. I also saw that the system complained about the permalink base for products not being transalted.

I fixed this as well.

I then created a test product and then duplciated and then "translated independently" to create a translation. I can view this and product in both languages with no redirection.
hidden link
I also tried another product:
hidden link

If you have other problmes with other products please send links to investigate.

May 5, 2018 at 7:42 am #1987211

Dinesh sharma

Hello,

No its not working.

I created a product : hidden link it was working till i did not duplicated it to German language .

As soon as i duplicated it .. this page stopped working : hidden link hidden link and german product page is not working as well. hidden link hidden link

Then i edited german page from here and changed it slug. both page started working.

So let me know we cant have same slug in both ?

May 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm #2001966

Dinesh sharma

Hello,

Any update?

May 7, 2018 at 12:29 pm #2011317

Yvette
Supporter

Hello
Sorry - we don´t work weekends. I can look at this now.
KR

May 7, 2018 at 1:21 pm #2012684

Dinesh sharma

Hello,

I am waiting eagerly.

Right now my site seem to be broken.. i am sure you are working.

Let me know.

May 7, 2018 at 2:41 pm #2014686

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. YOAST SEO Automatic redirects
These are being generated in the SEO-> Redirects panel. (see image) and I am not sure why as in my version of Yoast SEO this does not happen.

Once I remove these automatic entries for your product, I am able to have different posts with same slug in different langauges (which is the expected behaviour).

I am not sure what configuration you have in your Yoast SEO plugin that is causing this but I did find this article in case you need to deactivate it:
hidden link

2. WooCommerce Perfect SEO Url

I believe there could be a conflict with this plugin. I have deactivated this plugin temporarily and re-executed the workflow you described. For me, this does not cause any redirects.

Can you try the same?

3. Same product, Same slug
Just to prove my point, here is the same product you created in both languages with the same slug

Thanks

May 7, 2018 at 3:25 pm #2015416

Dinesh sharma

Why my menu is missing now ?

Please fix it asap

May 7, 2018 at 4:52 pm #2017547

Yvette
Supporter

Well I suppose the location of the menu might have got unset when deactivating one of the plugins fixing your other issue. Sorry about that - but you should really know how to set menus on your theme.

Go to Appearance -> Menus and make sure you have the right menus set in the desired locations.
(see image)

You have so many menus defined I took a guess at what might have been the correct one for the main navigation menu.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPMl and Yoast SEO plugin issue’ is closed to new replies.