This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4094113

Peter

I desperately need to understand why this problem is happening and how to fix it. This is happening with many pages and we need to get to the bottom of it.

See this page hidden link

It used to show under the url hidden link

I have deleted all the instances of this page except the UK Translation. I have deleted everything in trash.

Question 1 - Why can I not change the url in the admin to /virtue/benefits?

Question 2

If I put this url in the address bar hidden link it redirects to this page hidden link

Why is this?

June 26, 2019 at 7:33 pm #4094787

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. About the first problem, this seems to happen when you already have a page with that same slug.

That is, usually this "-1" or "-2" is added when you have a slug exactly the same. If you try to edit this slug, does the problem persist? You can try editing the slug using the "Quick Edit" feature in the list of posts. Have you already tested if this problem happens to other posts?

About your second question, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Appends -1 to url mysteriously’ is closed to new replies.