This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 18, 2018 at 11:35 am #2744848

timothyB-7

When i go to one of my translated pages hidden link and then hit the logo on the top left to go back to the home page it goes to this page hidden link and there is a 404 error. I did not create a translated home page. This is causing errors in my google search console.

September 19, 2018 at 7:49 am #2747594

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You do not have translated homepage that’s why 404 page showing. You can fix this issue by creating translated home page or you can select ‘Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language’ option for Pages from WPML >> Settings >> Multilingual Content Setup >> Post Type Translation as you can in attached screenshot. Which means, If a translation exists WPML displays it, otherwise, it displays content from the site’s default language.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML automatically Creating a translated home page’ is closed to new replies.