This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 25, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Nick Alberico

I am trying to: Translate a page from English to Spanish, but the translation editor is encoding the content of some blocks. If I edit the English page, it shows OK, I can see all the content, but if I use WPML's translation editor, the content shows encoded.
I have been with in touch with Avada's support team for over a week, in the end, Avada dev's took a look at this issue and they say it is not on their hands to fix it, because they don't have control of WPML's translation editor. You should get in touch with them, they are aware of it.

Please see attached images.
This block of code, is part of the English version of the page, it shows fine when I edit the page itself, but as soon as I open the page using WPML's translation editor the content gets encoding.

I guess, WPML's translation editor, needs to:
1) Look at the Avada theme setting regarding code block encoding.
2) Decode the content just as Avada theme does it.

Link to my site: Provided below

I expected to see: A working Translation editor.

Instead, I got: A bug in the translation editor when the Avada theme's block encoding is enabled. The editor fails to decode the content of the code blocks.

Below, I am providing you WP admin and FTP access. No need to dupicate the site, I am providing you access to my staging server, feel free to work on it as needed. But in case you want to clone, don't clone /uploads/ folder, is huge, it contains a lot of images.

How to duplicate:
Login, go to Pages > see attached image with instructions.
You need to try to translate the page "Basement Design Galleries".

Let me know if you have questions.
Thanks.

July 25, 2017 at 5:31 pm #1326923

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

Please note that it is currently not possible to integrate the Avada theme’s page builder with WPML. We are in contact with the Avada theme’s developers and are trying to bring this integration to WPML as soon as possible.

-> https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

To workaround this issue you will need to translate your contented manually instead of using the WPML Translation Editor. Please review the following documentation on how to do this.

->https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/translating-content-created-with-page-builders-using-manual-translation/

Note : Once the steps are done you might notice that certain pages are still shown with the WPML Translation Editor layout, just "copy all fields" , mark them as translated all till the bar on the bottom shows 100% (Green) and then save & close , once you access it again it will be using the standard WP editor.

July 25, 2017 at 9:31 pm #1327037

Nick Alberico

This is very sad. In fact it is misleading.

This is the second theme we find that is advertised as "compatible with WPML" and it is not. You even promote Avada's theme on your site as one that is compatible but you, or they, don't deliver.

Your reply isn't what I was expecting from a PAID plugin. This issue should be fixed asap. Most Avada page builder elements work fine. I just described what the problem is: You only need to add two steps to your Translation Editor, 1 to check Avada theme settings and 1 to decode the content of the code block. That is what I was waiting to hear, after losing more than 1 week back and forth with Avada team and they blaming this on your paid plugin, I find your answer hard to understand.

How long will it take you to fix this?
Do you understand what the issue is?
Could you forward this to the lead developer, maybe he could help.

You and Avada team, recommend using the translation editor, why isn't that possible?

July 26, 2017 at 4:50 pm #1327859

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Nick,

My apologies , i do remember our previous thread that you were dealing with a different theme.

I have contacted our compatibility team and you should be able to use the WPML Translation Editor with Avada now , the issue that you are experiencing seems to be different , im currently testing it locally and i will be updating you shortly.

July 26, 2017 at 6:00 pm #1327904

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

I can see whats happening.

You add the element fusion_code with your custom code, now while you are viewing the default page content switch from the "Fusion Builder" to "Use Default Builder" you can now see your code within WordPress' editor under the default page being encoded , even without WPML.

WPML's Translation editor is picking up whatever is between the two shortcodes and then doesnt decode it when viewing it within the translation editor.

[/php][fusion_code]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[/fusion_code] [php]

I escalated this to our compatibility team to take a closer look, if possible for the mean time please use the following workaround.

1. Go to pages
2. Go to basement-design-gallery and click on your translation.
3.Click on copy from original to copy over the "Encoded" content save and close
the code will be read just fine and everything will be displayed on the translated page.
4. Now we need to translate the custom text you had between the code. CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW!"
4.1 Go to Pages , find the basement-design-gallery and click "edit" for the default language.
5. Now use the Top-header language drop-down and switch to the "Spanish" language.
6. Click on "Use Fusion Builder" and then the "pencil icon" for the Code Block to edit the code.
7. Change "Click Here to Schedule....." to your desired translation string and then update the page (ignore any notices on the page)
Once done just exit the page and view the front end, you should be able to see it translated.

Let me know if the workaround worked OK for you , and in the meantime i will update you as soon as there is some information regarding the code being read in the WPML Translation Editor from our compatibility team

July 26, 2017 at 8:59 pm #1328012

Nick Alberico

Thanks for your help.
You need to read a bit about how the "Code Block Encoding" works on the Avada theme.
1- If the block encoding setting is ON, you can see the HTML code just fine.
2- If block encoding is OFF, you see the encoded content.
It works the opposite of what you might think.

If you go to Avada > Theme Options > Theme Features > Code Block Encoding and set it to ON and then you do that for the theme settings on Spanish, you will be able to open any version of the page, English or Spanish and see the content of the fusion_code in plan HTML.
Either is you see it using Fusion Builder or if you see it using the Default WP editor.
So far so good, both language pages show the HTML code that could be edited.

Now, I will repeat what I said previously, the problem is your Translation Editor.
Since Avada's theme setting for Code Block Encoding is ON, Avada fusion builder decodes the content and shows it in plain HTML. Translation editor fails to do that.

Here is, once again, my suggested fix for your compatibility team:
1) Make Translation Editor check Avada's Code Block Encoding setting and if it is ON...
2) Get Avada's decoding function and apply it to both the original language's fusion_code element.

Thanks for your workaround, but as you undertsand it will take me longer to translate our site and pages would also lose synchronization. I will better wait for your fix, it is apparently easy and Avada team, including its developers is aware of this issue. I bet they are willing to help.

Thanks again.

May 11, 2018 at 9:27 am #2085080

xavierD-11

Hello,

i'm facing same issue as Nick and I share his analysis.
WPML Translation Editor should take into account that Code Block elements are Base64 encoded, and then being able to decode initial content, let the user translate and encode again to the translated post.

Do you have an ETA for such a fix ?

Best regards, Xavier.

April 30, 2019 at 10:07 pm #3715065

Bobby
Supporter

This issue should be fixed in the latest releases of WPML

https://wpml.org/downloads/