This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
October 18, 2013 at 3:42 am #278723

Morris

Hi.

I have purchased WPML. It is currently breaking my website in a number of ways.

If I have WPML activated, I am unable to edit my posts (attempting to edit posts hangs the admin panel).

If I uninstall WPML, I am able to edit posts again, however my actual website is broken.

Please help me! I am unable to do anything until this is resolved.

October 18, 2013 at 4:24 am #278725

Morris

website address is testingsite.novatti.com

October 18, 2013 at 4:31 am #278726

Morris

Reinstalling has fixed the admin issue.

However, if I ever want to uninstall the plugin, how do I do so without breaking my site?

October 18, 2013 at 7:55 am #278778

Dat Hoang

Hello Morris,

Firstly, please make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress (3.6.1) , WPML (2.9.3) and WPML's add-ons.

# If I uninstall WPML, I am able to edit posts again, however my actual website is broken.
==> What do you mean "broken" here? Could you give me your screenshots?

In normal way, to remove all data by WPML, you should go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting page -> section "Reset" and reset WPML plugin that means all WPML tables in your database will be removed.

Thank you.

October 21, 2013 at 2:38 am #279649

Morris

I am using the latest versions of both WPML and WordPress.

I'll upload screenshots of the broken home page with the plugin deactivated, and the broken edit posts page with the plugin activated.

October 21, 2013 at 2:48 am #279654

Morris

Just a note: Removing the plugin as per your instructions doesn't fix the broken state of my site.

Before installing the plugin, my website looked like it does in the screenshot showing the working home page.

After installing and deactivating the plugin, my homepage looks like the last screenshot - ie - pretty much non existent...

October 21, 2013 at 9:26 am #279810

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Please following the guide to get the errors: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

After that, you do step-by-step as you describe above, and copy and paste the content of error_log.txt here. We will see more and help you.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Breaks either Admin panel or Website’ is closed to new replies.