This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jörg 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 12, 2015 at 2:49 pm #637314

Jörg

I am trying to:
drop image resizing (infocus theme) via timthumb because it's deprecated. When I switch to 'built in image resizing' the homepage-slider no longer works. After deactivating ALL Plugins I could make that change. But with enabling WPML again the slider stopped working. Changing back to timthumb makes it work again. So I can clearly say it's a WPML-Problem.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link

I expected to see:
a working slider without use of timthumb

Instead, I got:
a broken slider when WPML is active

June 12, 2015 at 8:43 pm #637489

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Thank you.

June 14, 2015 at 1:42 pm #637818

Jörg

Some more Info, just in case..

hidden link

This means I now found the link which I said I didn't find 🙂

June 15, 2015 at 6:16 pm #638884

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

I saw the problem. The slides are even included, but are not displayed. I will attach a picture for you to see.

In other words, the slides are loaded, but the script that handles the slides is not being loaded. The slides navigation is also not displayed.

Please, could you install WPML, 3.2.1, which is the latest version of WPML and check if the problem persists?

Thank you.

June 16, 2015 at 11:34 am #639451

Jörg

What can I say, now it's working well 🙂

(At least I think so at the moment..)

Many thanks for whatever you did on this!