This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
April 25, 2017 at 8:14 am #1260995

simoneM-8

Hi,
On that site the featured image on hidden link have been charged the first time upside-down.
So, I flipped the image and all went good on the Italian page and in the English home page, but not in the above mentioned English one, that still obstinately shows the old one (central bunch of flowers facing down).
Notice that the featured image preview is the right one in the admin editing page (see hidden link) with the central bunch of flowers facing up.
But, I repeat, if you browse the page hidden link you will see the bunch of flowers facing down.
I cleared browser's cache and deactivated Cloudflare but without results.
So I guess there is a WPML cache that serves that image and I would like to know how to flush it, for this and forecoming situations like that.
Thanks a lot
Simone

April 25, 2017 at 8:18 am #1261000

simoneM-8

I add that I also tried to change the featured image then switch back to the right one, but I still have it upside-down

April 25, 2017 at 12:12 pm #1261251

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

You can flush WPML cache in WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > "Clear the cache in WPML"

But I'm not sure this is the issue here.

In the English version there is a featured image, but in the Italian, I see a slider. Can you please check if both posts have the same settings?

You can also try this test:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

April 25, 2017 at 2:47 pm #1261438

simoneM-8

Hi Otto,
as you supposed flushing the cache didn't resolve.
Yes, English and Italian pages are not the exactly the same, but this was not the point.

But finally I found the solution to that rebus:

The matter is all in the flipping the image into the WordPress image editor.
I flipped it while I was in "Italian" and I tought it was done, flipped for every language. Not at all: since this moment Italian pages used a copy of that image (marked with a suffix like -e1493130670292) while the English version still used the original one.
But the strange is that, in my several tries, I also downloaded the original one (upside-down) to my PC, flipped all versions (sizes) of it, then reloaded on the same place.
But, in some way the English translation used an old copy (cached somewhere, but where?) of the image, a copy before the flipping.

I learned something new...

I hope this will be useful to other user, thanks a lot
Simone

April 25, 2017 at 8:09 pm #1261696

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Great! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Kind Regards,

Otto