This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by alexanderA 5 days, 4 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 11:40 am #4646359

alexanderA

Hello. On my site I have created a page using the Elementor page builder. When I duplicate the page into French (using WPML-->Translation Management), then view the newly duplicated page, the page is completely broken. Specifically, the original page contains many different Elementor sections, with many different elements inside. The duplicated page contains one single Elementor section, with a single text element inside. All images/text/etc have been crammed into a single text element, so there is no preservation of layout, styles, etc. I can share screenshots if you'd like, or I can provide you with access to my site so you can see for yourself.

Thanks.

September 26, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4647611

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

The issue is already reported and our developers are working towards a fix. Full details and progress about the issue can be viewed from https://wpml.org/errata/elemntor-page-layout-is-not-duplicated-to-the-secondary-language-page/.

I would suggest please follow the workaround in the above link that would help for the time being. I will add the ticket to the escalated issue so that i can keep you posted with any update in the development.

Kind regards
Raja

September 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm #4648733

alexanderA

OK thanks for that.

>> Full details and progress about the issue can be viewed from https://wpml.org/errata/elemntor-page-layout-is-not-duplicated-to-the-secondary-language-page/.

Can you tell me when that issue was first brought to WPML's attention, and when you expect the issue to be resolved?

>> I would suggest please follow the workaround in the above link that would help for the time being.

I tried to follow the workaround instructions, but ran into an issue. The first two steps in the instructions are:

>> 1. Go to the page editing screen and click on the plus icon found in the language box.

I opened the page in-question for editing and clicked the plus icon in the language box (see attached screenshot hh-instructions-1)

>> 2. Based on your translation editor of choice, this will open the Classic Translation Editor (CTE) or the Advanced Translation Editor(ATE).

Neither of those opened. What opened for me was an 'Add new page' screen (see attached screenshot hh-instructions-2). How should I proceed?

Thanks.

September 27, 2019 at 4:29 am #4651651

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for your message.

This is something that is being worked on by the developers, I don't have an estimated date when it will be fixed. I am afraid I cannot influence the developers on this issue as this is something that is beyond my capability and based on the queue they adjust the priority of each ticket.

- Regarding your question on the editor, It seems you have disabled WPML editor, In the page edit screen on the Language section (on right) there is an option to enable WPML editor. Flip the switch to 'On' Use WPML translation editor - Please check the attached screenshot. This will enable you the editor as in the workaround.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

September 27, 2019 at 4:36 am #4651681

alexanderA

>> This is something that is being worked on by the developers, I don't have an estimated date when it will be fixed. I am afraid I cannot influence the developers on this issue as this is something that is beyond my capability and based on the queue they adjust the priority of each ticket.

OK fine. It seems like the issue has been ongoing for several months now, which is unfortunate.

>> - Regarding your question on the editor, It seems you have disabled WPML editor, In the page edit screen on the Language section (on right) there is an option to enable WPML editor. Flip the switch to 'On' Use WPML translation editor - Please check the attached screenshot.

OK got it--that worked. It would be nice if the instructions on the errata page indicated this, and provided a screenshot.

After clicking the plus icon, WPML asked me about fields that already had values (see attached screenshot). How should I answer this question? Again, it would be nice if the instructions referenced this.

Thank you.

September 27, 2019 at 6:28 am #4651861

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Choosing the WPML editor has a separate tutorial the errata only shows about the issue and the workaround, Please refer here for details about choosing an editor for pages

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

- Regarding the pop I think the message is self-explanatory, in case if it is unclear, the popup notifies that there are some contents that are already translated this happens when you translate a string on other pages and the same string will be automatically translated on other occurrences.

Copy to empty fields - Will only copy the content from the default language to the fields which have no translation

Copy and Overwrite - This will overwrite all contents in translation with the contents from default language regardless of whether it is already translated or not.

I hope this helps you better.

September 27, 2019 at 6:35 am #4651875

alexanderA

>> Choosing the WPML editor has a separate tutorial the errata only shows about the issue and the workaround, Please refer here for details about choosing an editor for pages

OK I understand that. But the errata assumes you already have the WPML editor enabled. It should make that clear, and point us to instructions on how to enable it if necessary. As you can see, the fact that it doesn't contain such information has now wasted time for both of us.

>> Regarding the pop I think the message is self-explanatory

Sorry, you're being a bit rude to me. Are you able to transfer me to someone else?

September 27, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4653995

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Kindly apologies if that sounds uncomfortable (rude) for you.
Honestly, I tried to keep that simple but I should have chosen a better word sorry about that.

Please let me know if anything is unclear I will be happy to assist you. I will pass your suggestion regarding the errata to the concerned team.

September 27, 2019 at 12:10 pm #4653999

alexanderA

I will ask again: can you please transfer me to another support agent? Or do I have to create a new ticket?

September 27, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4654223

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I'm Diego and I will replace Raja here in this ticket. I hope this is OK for you.

Regarding the image, I suggest to use the "Copy & Overwrite all fields". This way we will make sure that all content is being duplicated. After that, please check all "Translation is complete" fields then save.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

September 27, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4654475

alexanderA

>> I'm Diego and I will replace Raja here in this ticket. I hope this is OK for you.

Yes thank you. Sorry but I did not feel comfortable with Raja.

>> Regarding the image, I suggest to use the "Copy & Overwrite all fields". This way we will make sure that all content is being duplicated.

OK I did that.

>> After that, please check all "Translation is complete" fields then save.

Are you saying I need to manually tick every box next to 'Translation is complete?' Is there a way to tick all of them automatically?

September 27, 2019 at 1:35 pm #4654537

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

Yes, you need to manually tick every box. However, there is a hack that you can use:
- Open the browser inspector (F12 on chrome)
- Click on "Console"
- Paste the following code:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){ jQuery(".icl_tm_finished").attr("checked", "checked"); });

- Click enter

It should check all boxes on the page. However, if it does not work, the only way is by ticking manually.

Kind regards,
Diego

September 27, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4654553

alexanderA

OK I did all that. The jQuery was able to tick all the boxes, then I clicked 'Save and Close.' What should occur now? If I open Dashboard-->Pages, then switch the language in the admin bar to French, I do not see a new page. Should I?

September 27, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4655399

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

After the steps, the page should be published. What happens if you switch the language on the front-end? Could you send us some screenshots?

What happens if you go to the edit screen of the page (original language), then switch the language to french? It works as expected? If it displays a warning, you can click on Edit Anyway.

If it displays a error message, could you send us a screenshot?

Kind regards,
Diego

September 27, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4655449

alexanderA

>> After the steps, the page should be published. What happens if you switch the language on the front-end?

The front-end opens, and the page content is closer to the original page, although it is still not an exact duplicate. There are many front-end errors.

>> Could you send us some screenshots?

I could. But at this point it might be better for you to login and see for yourself. I can provide you with login details if you want.

>> What happens if you go to the edit screen of the page (original language), then switch the language to french?

If I do that, I am taken to the 'Add New Page' screen.