This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 30, 2019 at 11:27 pm #4115075

davidA-29

On a new site (part of an existing network), with an empty *_icl_string_translations table, on WPML v 4.2.7.1 and String Translation v 2.10.5.1, I am getting the dreaded "WPML cannot replace .mo files because of technical problems in the String Translation table. " message.

The table structure:

CREATE TABLE `wpintbnet_121_icl_string_translations` (
`id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`string_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
`language` varchar(10) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci NOT NULL,
`status` tinyint(4) NOT NULL,
`value` text CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci,
`mo_string` text CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci,
`translator_id` bigint(20) unsigned DEFAULT NULL,
`translation_service` varchar(16) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`batch_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`translation_date` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
UNIQUE KEY `string_language` (`string_id`,`language`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci;

There isn't any data in the table.

July 1, 2019 at 4:11 am #4115551

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Thank you for the details, to debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML cannot replace .mo files because of technical problems in the String Transl’ is closed to new replies.