This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I got this message in my admin dashboard: "WPML can't find the translation service. Please contact WPML Support or your translation service provider"

Solution: -Please make sure that you have the latest WPML and WPML add-ons installed in your website then test the issue.

-If you still see the message, and you have prior experience in MYSQL, please try the following: --Backup your database --Open your database in PHPMyAdmin --Open table "wp-options" --Look for the row with whose column "option_name" has this value "ICL_ADMIN_MESSAGES" and rename the "option_name" --Test the issue

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by clf 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohammed.

Author Posts
January 25, 2016 at 6:29 pm #795876

clf

I am trying to:
Translate my english site into 3 other languages

Instead, I got this error message:
WPML can't find the translation service. Please contact WPML Support or your translation service provider.

I have tried this:
- Install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/phpinfo-print/
- Go to PHPINFO
- Check for these two configurations ("allow_url_fopen" => "on" )

This was on, and I'm not using translation services.

I have also cleared the WPML cache...

January 26, 2016 at 1:29 pm #796593

Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Could you please make sure that all WPML plugins are installed and not missing any files?
Please try the following :
-Deactivate WPML and its add-ons
-Delete them from /wp-content/plugins folder
-Go to wp-admin/plugins from your dashboard and make sure that all these plugins are not active
-Download the latest WPML and latest WPML plugin add-ons from here :https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
-Upload them to /wp-content/plugins folder
-Activate WPML and its add-ons
❌Important❌ : Please make a complete backup of your website before proceeding the previous steps.

If this didn't help, please enable the WordPress debug mode: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress and mention any errors that may appear to you in the next reply.
Thanks.

January 26, 2016 at 3:19 pm #796700

clf

I get this:
[26-Jan-2016 14:55:59 UTC] KILLED QUERY (25424 characters long generated in /nas/content/live/huntersvideo/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/gettext/wpml-string-scanner.class.php:501):

January 26, 2016 at 4:20 pm #796792

Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I need to check this issue in your admin dashboard ans also I may need to check your FTP files.For this,I will need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible
- in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment
area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can
see and have access to it.

You may ask your service provider to increase these values:
MaxInputVars to 10000

// NOTE : Please make a complete backup of your website, It is good to have a backup.

Thanks.

January 27, 2016 at 6:45 pm #798079

Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I've tried to login using the provided admin credentials but I couldn't.
Please check this and edit your previous private reply for this if needed.

I also couldn't login using the provided FTP credentials.
I got this message:
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server)

This might be a kind of IP restriction. please check it.

Thanks.

January 28, 2016 at 7:42 am #798364

clf

I have updated the reply

January 28, 2016 at 3:34 pm #798984

Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I see that you use WPEngine. WPEngine caching cases some issues.
Could you please clear the cache and test the issue?

If this didn't work,I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
**You can ignore the uploads directory , cache and the archives
. Click on "Create Package Set"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big )
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to log-in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

If you couldn't create a duplicator package, you can create it manually : hidden link and provide the archive and database dump in the next private reply.

Thanks.

January 29, 2016 at 5:33 pm #800140

Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the your collaboration.

I'm downloading the archive and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

February 1, 2016 at 8:38 am #800899

Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I've removed the message. please check it.

Thanks.

February 1, 2016 at 8:41 am #800903

clf

What was wrong, and you have accessed my live installation or?

February 1, 2016 at 8:49 am #800909

Mohammed
Supporter

There is an option in table wp_options with name 'icl_admin_messages' . This option holds the messages created by WPML for the admin dashboard.

The warning "WPML can't find the translation service. Please contact WPML Support or your translation service provider." was cached in this option.

I renamed this option so that WPML can create new one and this did the job.

I did this in the this website "hidden link"

Thanks.

February 1, 2016 at 8:52 am #800910

clf

Ok. I cleared the wpengine cache and WPML cache before contacting support, shouldn't one of these have fixed the issue then?

February 1, 2016 at 9:54 am #800991

Mohammed
Supporter

To be honest, I don't have the option to clear wpengine cache locally. So, I didn't try it.

But I don't think that it will help because the message persists in the database and it should be cleared manually like I mentioned before.

Thanks.

February 1, 2016 at 11:02 am #801096

clf

Ok. Thanks for you help.

February 1, 2016 at 11:10 am #801108

Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I'm wondering if you still see the message ?