Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.63 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gabriel 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Gabriel.

Author Posts
May 23, 2013 at 3:22 pm #129901

Pieter

Two years ago I submitted a <a href="http://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-capabilities/#post-30183" title="ticket 30183">ticket</a> regarding opening up WPML to additional capabilities.

Currently there are only 2 Roles that can be used with WPML: the WP default Administrator and the WPML role of Translator. The Administrator can give users the role of Translator, the latter can only translate.

As per my old discussion there are many scenarios where we developers stay on as the webmaster for a client and as such are basically responsible for the running of the site, so that the user can focus on the content. If such is the case we use a Role Manager plugin, such as Members by Justin Tadlock, to give the client a special role, for example something like "siteowner".

This Siteowner role does not have the manage_options capability assigned to it, for the simple reason that we want to hide exactly the stuff that shows with this capability turned on.

<strongHowever - and I have been waiting for a solution now for two years already - WPML only shows itself to Roles with the manage_options capability.

Can you please, please, please introduce a new capability, something like manage_wpml, so we can assign that capability to any Role of our liking.

Thanks!

May 23, 2013 at 3:58 pm #129919

Pieter

maybe this helps?

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/a/90781/2015

May 23, 2013 at 6:27 pm #129958

Gabriel

Hi Peit, let me look into it and I will get back to you

May 28, 2013 at 5:46 am #130791

Gabriel

Hi Piet, we have added this to our to do list. I ma not sure in what version this will be ready but we will definitely implement this.

thanks,

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Capabilities’ is closed to new replies.