This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 19, 2020 at 2:38 pm #6168853

alexP-38

Hello,

I'm facing an issue using Currency Conversion on Checkout page.

I'm trying to convert BGN to EURO, I've added in BGN when the PayPal payment gateway is selected to make a conversion to EURO as you explain at the link bellow.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

The real Conversion of 950 BGN is about to 500 EUROS, the Conversion says 9,49 EUROS.

Also, if I try to proceed to the payment on PayPal it returns a Critical ERROR, and says that my shopping cart is empty.

Also, I've created a custom Payment Gateway and I want to use make it available for conversion in WPML.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you,
Alex

May 20, 2020 at 7:41 pm #6180611

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please share more details about your *Custom Payment Gateway*(the following). Because it may require further debugging.

Also, I've created a custom Payment Gateway and I want to use make it available for conversion in WPML.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 21, 2020 at 6:34 am #6183703

alexP-38

Hello,

It's a payment gateway via VivaWallet, it accepts credit or debit card payments. When the User Select this payment method to convert his Currency to EUROS.. as the paypal for example.

Also in paypal it mades the conversion false.

Thank you very much..

May 21, 2020 at 3:08 pm #6187801

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the details. Do you have a staging site(clone copy of the live site), because we would like to make sure the issue is existing with the latest version of WPML(4.3.13 series) and the upcoming version of WooCommerce Multilingual(4.9, the beta version is available but not recommended in live the environment).

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 22, 2020 at 2:29 pm #6196277

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further checking. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 25, 2020 at 6:21 am #6207173

alexP-38

Hi Bigul,

Of course you can make a copy of my site to your local server for further testing and debuging..

Thanks!
Alex

May 25, 2020 at 3:03 pm #6212017

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your permission. I made a copy of the site, will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 26, 2020 at 3:22 pm #6221343

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Somehow the existing PayPal Payment Gateway of the site is not working on my local copies. The result is same in my local server and our testing servers. So I tried to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation and it works as expected. Please check the attached images for more details.

Therefore I have a couple of requests to track the issue.

1) We have released a new version of WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual. Please upgrade to the latest version of the plugin after a full site backup and check is there any difference in the result.

May you have to visit Plugins>>Add New>>Commerical tab and click on *Check for updates* button to get the upgrade links. This step will help us refresh the installer caches. Now WPML is releasing as a batch in the first few days of the release. So the upgrade notice will be visible only to a few of the customers. The count will increase each day. It will help us handle the situation easily incase of any bugs in the release.

2) If the issue exists, visit the Sandbox site by clicking the following URL. It is a fresh installation and only has must required plugins & the WooCoomerce Storefront theme. Then please check the issue is reproducible in the test site. It will help us a lot in debugging the bug.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 28, 2020 at 7:06 am #6236221

alexP-38

Hello Bigul,

Thank you for the support,

I've made all that you told and I still have a problem..

About VivaWallet I want Customers to pay me in Euros like Paypal, I want the convert the current currency to Euro, like PayPal.

In PayPal I still have the same problem, It does a wrong conversion..

Please check it further, I'm trying to get a solution too...

If I have something newer I'll be back..

Thanks,

Alex

May 28, 2020 at 7:51 am #6236589

alexP-38

Hello Again Bigul,

I found this error on my error_log.

Please check it, it may help you!

[28-May-2020 07:49:18 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/ic380223/public_html/icare.qa/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-cart.php on line 626

Thank you,

Alex!

May 28, 2020 at 12:24 pm #6239097

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the feedback. I have a request. Please login to our Sandbox site and check the issue is reproducible or not. It will help us a lot in debugging and fixing the issue.

Because somehow the PayPal is listing in Checkout page on your site in my local copies and it works okay in a fresh installation. Please check the attached images.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 28, 2020 at 1:21 pm #6240043

alexP-38

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for quick responding!

I've logged in to the Sandbox Site and no the issue isn't reproducible.

Looking forward for your reply,

Thank you,

Alex!

May 29, 2020 at 9:59 am #6248301

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the updates. Just to make sure, I have the following doubt.

Are you getting the expected result with PayPal while trying to checkout in any secondary language? Because of the current payment preference, the PayPal option is not showing on the Checkout page. Please check the attached image.

Or you are having the Conversion issue with all the payment options including Viva Wallet Gateway now?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 29, 2020 at 10:03 am #6248355

alexP-38

Hi Bigul,

I'm getting a wrong result on checkout page via paypal on every secondary language.
It doesn't convert the cart total price, it converts only the shipping costs price.

In Viva wallet it doesn't make any Conversion. Nether cart total and nether shipping costs.

Thanks,

Alex

May 30, 2020 at 9:22 am #6255107

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the details. I am consulting about this with our second-tier team for an expert opinion and get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note, there are limitations to set conversion options for the nondefault payment gateways. Because it will be coming from the Payment Gateway itself. For example, this feature will be showing for WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway. Please check the following ticket URL and the attached image for more details.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/payment-gateways-settings/

--
Thanks!

Bigul