This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
March 25, 2014 at 3:34 pm #366844

fabioC-5

Dear WPML Support,

I'm using the plugin acf gallery ( v.1.1.1 ) and I just installed the latest version of your plugin ( CMS v.3.1.4 )
I'm not be able to copy the custom posts type content from the default language to another language.
I already duplicated all the media files....
The simple posts work properly.
I got problems only with custom posts type.
I've tried the WPML Translation Management but I not be able to understand how it works.

March 25, 2014 at 11:26 pm #367095

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

WPML customer support service operates 18 hours per day, Monday to Friday.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 6 hours from now.

Thank you for your understanding,

WPML support team,
By OnTheGo System

March 26, 2014 at 10:05 am #367368

Dat Hoang

Hello fabioC-5,

This may be a compatible problem and I need more info to understand your problem more.

#1,

I'm not be able to copy the custom posts type content from the default language to another language.

What exactly did you do? How is the problem if you duplicate posts, then translate them independently?

#2,

I've tried the WPML Translation Management but I not be able to understand how it works.

How did you do with Translation Management?
Choose the posts you want to duplicate, scroll down to 'Translation options' section and choose 'Duplicate' and 'Send documents'.

In both #1 and #2, if you duplicate in the right way, all custom post type metadata are also duplicated.

#3,
Where can I get/buy the plugin acf gallery ( v.1.1.1 ) ?

#4,
Please take a screenshot in WPML -> Support.

Thank you.

March 26, 2014 at 10:55 am #367429

fabioC-5

Hi Dat Hoang,

I'll try to explain better my issue.
I'm using WPML CMS and another wordpress plugin called Advanced Custom Plugin ( Gallery add-ons ).
( more info here: hidden link )

I need to translate some custom posts type.
These custom posts type got a gallery section ( or slider section ) where it's possible to load some images.
These photo gallery are build using the advanced custom gallery plugin.

I already set properly the WPML's Translation Management plugin in order to copy the content from the original post.

I’m wondering why WPML is not be able to clone the acf gallery images in order to replicate the same content for other languages.
When I tried to translate a custom post to another language the description is ok but the gallery is empty.
I have to press “add images” and then select “uploaded to this post” in order to choose the images related to the post.

hidden link

Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks.

March 27, 2014 at 5:20 am #368099

Dat Hoang

Hello,

Thanks for your information.

I'm wondering why WPML is not be able to clone the acf gallery images in order to replicate the same content for other languages.

Yes, this may be a compatible problem. I'm checking with our Themes and Plugins Compatibility Team to check status.

For better understanding the problem, could you help me answer #1, #2 and #3 in my previous reply? Please answer with the number that helps both you and me track the problem easily.

Thank you.

March 27, 2014 at 9:28 am #368266

fabioC-5

Hello,

Thank you for answering.
Regard the #1 and #2 question I was able to solve by myself.
Regard the #3 question, first of all you have to install the advanced custom field plugin then you are be able to activate the addon acf gallery by the wordpress admin panel ( advanced custom fields > addons > gallery field ).

March 27, 2014 at 11:11 am #368409

Dat Hoang

Hello,

I've got the message from our team that the author of ACF does not work with us to make it compatible with WPML.

So we can not help you without their coopereation.
In this case, I recommend you use Types: https://toolset.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/ for your need. It's our free product and of course, it's compatible with WPML.

I'm closing this ticket now.

Thank you for your understanding.

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml cms and acf gallery’ is closed to new replies.