Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 9:09 am #3709875

yasinH-2

Dears,

after telling Dokan about the conflict between Dokan and WPML they said:

"While working on your site, we found out that the WPML configuration in your WP site is incorrect. So in order to fix the issue, [dashbaord page keeps loading while changing the language], we need to reset WPML and in that case, your translation will be lost.

You will have to add the translation in your site again after we complete working on your site. "

How can I back up my Translations please so that after they fix it I install/upload all the translations easily?

April 30, 2019 at 3:46 pm #3713057

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

As you know, there are different kind of contents that you can translate with WPML. If you wish to export your string translations, from WPML->String Translation, you have the option to create a .po file as the following link explains:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#import-export-po

On the other hand, posts, pages, and taxonomies work in a different way. For these contents, you have an original and its translation. For this, you should export both with a plugin like WP All Export and then import them with another extension as WP All Import.

The following tutorials will explain to you in detail how to perform this procedure:
https://wpml.org/2016/08/export-multilingual-websites-using-wp-all-export-and-wpml/
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

I hope this helps, let me know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

May 3, 2019 at 1:02 pm #3734437

yasinH-2

Dear Team,

I need assistance setting up & configuring WPML.

I copied the folder with all translations to My File directory Translations-backup, can you please help?

May 3, 2019 at 1:36 pm #3734807

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I guess that we can consider the first request of this thread as resolved. You have asked on how to do an export/import.

Please, consider our support rules we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed.

For that reason, I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread. Explain the issue in a way like:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead, I get xxx

We will help you then with your request.

Thank you,
Jamal