This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 10:18 am #4361753

janaE-3

I am trying to: Simply run the WPML plugin. We have set-up pages for a German translation and all have worked, until the 28th of June, 2019.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: X

I expected to see: I expected to be able to login.

Instead, I got:

- we were unable to restore access to WordPress. So we disabled all plugins and by excluding the ones that are troublesome, we have learned that the WPML plugin set causes us issues and crash the website. We have upgraded our test page (identical to the live one) to PHP 7.3, and WPML still causes the same issue.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 825 of the file /var/www/vhost/pantheon.tech/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php. Error message: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file()

August 8, 2019 at 11:23 am #4362209

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Jana,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

As I can see, this undefined function simplexml_load_file is know in PHP7 and we have an errata about this: https://wpml.org/errata/php-7-possible-issues-simplexml/. You can have a look here for a few more details https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35593521/php-7-simplexml.

In your case, I would reach out the hosting provider and ask him to help with this issue. I'm sure that he'll be able to sort this out in no time. Can you try to contact him and keep me posted about the progress on this, please?
This is not an issue from the WPML side, but from the server. This is why I'm asking you to contact the hosting.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML crashes WordPress – (Your Site is experiencing technical issues)’ is closed to new replies.