Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 22, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3232168

johanR-11

I'm trying to translate our WP Courseware courses to different languages using WPML. The problem is that when I translate a unit it creates a new unassigned unit for each language. I don't want to create a new course for each language, but on the other hand I don't want the translated copies of the units to show up on the original course.

I have contacted WP Courseware and their response was:
I'm afraid there is no easy way to add unit with different language without copying unit and creating new course. This is the only way at this stage to create multilingual course. I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused by this.

I would be very grateful if you could give me any info at all.

Thanks!
Johan

February 22, 2019 at 10:59 pm #3234233

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

It depends on how these units are created. At the moment I see that this plugin is not officially compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/.

You can try configuring this by following the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation
- Look for the "courseware" custom post
- Select the "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" of the "courseware" custom post
- Click on the Save button

You can see more details in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

By following these steps, please let me know if the content is being displayed as desired.

Thank you.

February 25, 2019 at 12:36 pm #3239692

johanR-11

I tried to contact you on live chat, but it created a new ticket for the same issue (#3239488).
Also, is this email and post private or public?
Thanks.

February 25, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3240893

Bruno
Supporter

Our chat does not work 24 hours. For example, at this time our chat is open.

About the messages, they are public. If it is necessary to send a private message we will activate a field for this. That way only specific messages become private (like credential messages).

Thank you.

February 25, 2019 at 4:56 pm #3241215

johanR-11

Hi
I see this message at the top of the page:
Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is quite calm and I'd like to encourage you to use our new chat support option --> Please do not open multiple tickets for the same issue, it adds unneeded load to our queue and ends up in longer waiting time for you

To resolve ticket #3239488, I would like to use the live chat but I cannot find it. Can you help, please?
Thanks

February 26, 2019 at 1:49 am #3242519

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

When you create a new ticket you can open a chat. If the chat button is disabled, it is because we do not have any supporters available for chat. You can continue with support here through the forum. Also because chat is more for quick questions and otherwise it is converted into forum ticket.

If the steps I've suggested above do not work, then I'll ask you for the credentials to verify your site, whereas the plugin you're using is not officially supported by WPML.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML creating new unassigned WP-Courseware units’ is closed to new replies.