Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 24, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4820027

viktorB-10

Hi!

I am trying to:have the currency switching happening as expected.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:any product page or checkout page.

We have 2-3 currency related issues.

1.) it's just happening now, immediately after i updated (screenshots attached) all the wpml versions (as advised in a highlighted ticket). Now the product single pages not loading in.

2.) A customer just bought a product in GBP currency, the customer didn't change it the whole time, and after hitting buy, the product price was shown in Hungarian Forints, and we got the order email with the GBP price but in Hungarian Forints currency sign. SO it's messed up.

3.) The currency switcher on product single page was not working in Chrome for me. Only after clicking to another page, (database communication) it switched to the previously switched currency. (this issue persists for a long while now).

Thank you! PLease help asap.
Best regards,
Viktor Boritas

October 25, 2019 at 11:49 am #4826569

viktorB-10

Hi, update: on my " 1.) issue " , i think i managed tonarrow it down to the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. That makes the product pages fail to load.
VIktor

October 25, 2019 at 11:56 am #4826609

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello
I will be helping you with this ticket. I understand that you have 2 issues with the currency switcher.

1. Wrong currency sign on Checkout page
Please write back with steps to duplicate this issue. Be precise with which product to use or create a test product for me. It would be best if you could send me a link to the product single page.

2. Currency Switching in Chrome
2.1 You wrote: "..(this issue persists for a long while now..."
Does this mean that it is NOT related to the update of plugins?

3. Staging site for debug
Do you have a clone of your site that we can use to debug this problem(s)? If not, can you create one using the Duplicator plugin so that we do not affect your live site with any investigations we are oding?

Thanks for the clarifications and sample case

October 25, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4827221

viktorB-10

Dear Yvette,

Thank you, I send you a short video i just captured. This is about the actual (problematic) purchase session, i can watch it by a user tracker software (Smartlook). So you can watch exactly how the bug happened.

*i tried to send but cant send you video here.
Here is a link to it, i put it on my cloud, please try to watch: hidden link

The product page in this case was: hidden link
The customer was buying it from hungary but in english language (which has the GBP currency bond to it by wpml multicurrency settings). At the very end, the "Order received" page she got the currecy wrong: Hungarian Forint (Ft) instead of GBP.

2., Currency switching:
yes, this persists from before recent plugin updates. Like 1-2 months already.
NOw i checked it again, in 4 browsers. NOw in chrome it works for me properly. (the switching happens like AJAX os JS way instantly. In all the other 3 browsers (opera, FF, edge) it doesn't change., only if i navigate to another product page. Then the switched currency shows up only there. Any idea?

3., i'm working on to create a new clone of the production site. It may take up to a day.
Thank you,

Best regards,
Viktor

October 28, 2019 at 8:44 am #4836879

Yvette
Supporter

Hello - thanks for the video - I watched it.

1. Does this order currency problem happen with all types of payment methods? and with all types of products (simple, variable,..etc)?

2. I am opening the private area for you to communicate connection details to the cloned site. Just respond when you have that ready for me to connect to.

Thanks

November 1, 2019 at 9:37 pm #4873157

viktorB-10

Hello Yvette,

How are you? Have you managed to take a look at the cloned site regarding the 2.) point (switching) issue? I tested it now again, although the cloned site is not 100% same as the live, because some plugins are inactive (analytics, trackers, i don't wan't them to push data to the real site's accounts) but the issue is the same for me on both sites.

Cheers,
Wiktor

November 4, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4881399

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I've upgraded all of your plugins, deactivated the non-WPML essential plugins, changed your active theme but the problem still persists.

It is also happens when using Chrome incognito.

I have a suspicion that this might be related to your server. So I installed a Duplicator copy of your site on my local server. The issue does not happen there (see screencast: hidden link )

Can you check yourself by downloading the Duplicator package that is currently on your staging server? Install it and see for yourself that the problem does not occur on a new server. In this case, the issue is not with the WPML plugins.

You might then check with your server support about what settings they might have active that is preventing the AJAX updates from completing.

November 11, 2019 at 7:40 pm #4927711

viktorB-10

Hello Yvette,

Thank you very much your elaborate testing!
Please give me a bit more time to check with my hosting and on other environment. Till then: i noted, that in your screencast the loading time was so long for each currency switch. Is that specific to your actual lower bandwith in that time you recorded the screencast or what can be the reason of that?
Thank you,

November 11, 2019 at 10:43 pm #4928607

Yvette
Supporter

1. Speed
Oh yes - my machine is not very powerful and with the recording, it is even slower. So this is probably what you are seeing.

2. Testing
Ok - just write back when you have completed the testing.

November 22, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4998877

viktorB-10

Dear Yvette, i'm still into working on this issue. (had no time in past week). One additional question: do you have any hints, why the switcher is working for me on chrome as a logged in admin? (How) is it possible, if it's truly a server-scope issue?
(by the way it doesn't work as ajax, because it always reloads the whole page for me, anyways, this is a secondary issue right now).

Best regards,
Wiktor

November 22, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4999637

Yvette
Supporter

At this point in time - I don´t really know but it might be something to ask the theme developer about (??)

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML currency switching issues’ is closed to new replies.