This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 1, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4492541

Mr. Ghost

I wonder why WPMLs database queries are extremely high on WPML compared to your competitors?

Check WP rockets study on the biggest translation plugins: hidden link

In general, WPML seems to not be too far behind Polylang. But the amount of DB queries is a lot and obviously slows down applications. And the requests could also be reduced.

What is your guy's comments on this?

September 2, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4497187

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Since WPML is designed to work for small websites as well as complex websites, we almost translate everything in the site. So you can see the number of queries larger there. also, it must depends upon features that are available within the plugins.

While discussing this question further with our colleagues and 2nd tiers supporters, they mentioned that it's best to measure the time rather than queries after all some queries can be very quick and a single query can also take longer time.

So, from the same link you provided I can see the load time as below

WPML: 1.286 s
Polylang: 1.146 s

Also, a good news is that WPML 4.3 will be released soon which has performance improvements so the number should improve after the releases. https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Database queries (Perfomance)’ is closed to new replies.