Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bernat Torras 3 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
October 13, 2016 at 4:19 pm #1114972

Santi Azpilicueta

I have a multisite of many sites and when i try to activate or deactivate the WPML on other sites it makes me re-configure the WPML on the main site all over again. This is causing me issues especially with the URL formatting and I need to go back and re-configure it again.

I am using subdomains with Kleo Theme and WPMU Domain Mapping.

How do I fix this issue

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

October 14, 2016 at 2:10 pm #1115691

Bernat Torras

Hola Santi,

Gracias por contactar con soporte, haré todo lo posible para ayudarte con tu problema! 🙂

Lo que comentas es extraño, ya que al activar/desactivar o configurar WPML en un site concreto del multisite, los otros sites no deberían verse afectados para nada. Podrías confirmarnos si:

- Tienes los plugins de WPML actualizados a la última versión?
- En estas instalaciones de WPML, usas el idioma por parámetro, directorio o dominio?
- Has probado si el problema persiste tras desactivar tus plugins activos en el sistema (network plugins)?

Gracias,
Bernat

October 14, 2016 at 3:35 pm #1115765

Santi Azpilicueta

Hi Bernat,
Thank you for your quick reply.

-I don't have the latest version of WPML because of this error on your errata pages( https://wpml.org/errata/issues-overriding-default-user-activation-template-gravity-forms-user-registration-add/ ) I am not sure if I can update it.
-I use language parameter/en/fr/es etc.
-I have not tried but thisthe de-activating all the plugins but I will try this and let you know. There are some plugins that i must use.

Best

October 17, 2016 at 9:22 am #1116594

Santi Azpilicueta

Hi again Bernat,

Before I deactivate all my plugins which requires some time, I wanted to ask you is this error somehow related to this on the errata page(https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-settings-reset-completing-setup-sub-site-multisite-installation/)

I already commented on the page and replied that it will be fixed on the next version?

Best

October 17, 2016 at 9:49 am #1116625

Bernat Torras

Hi Santi,

Yes, I think it is directly related to your problem. Have you tried latest beta version of WPML to check if it fixes the issue? Please remember to make a backup of your site before updating.

Let us know if the issue is fixed with latest beta. If not, I guess we'll need to wait for next version (I'll check with development team).

Thanks,
Bernat

October 19, 2016 at 11:47 am #1118567

Santi Azpilicueta

Hi Bernat,

Thank you very much, I will for sure install the beta version. How do I get the beta version?
Also very important will the next release also fix this issue (https://wpml.org/errata/issues-overriding-default-user-activation-template-gravity-forms-user-registration-add/). We fixed it temporarily with a workaround as suggested but It would be great if we fix this issue on our next release.

Best,
Merxhan

October 20, 2016 at 9:46 am #1119356

Bernat Torras

Hi Merxhan,

You can find the latest beta in https://wpml.org/account/downloads/. You'll see "WPML Multilingual CMS Beta" at the bottom of the page and there you'll be able to download version 3.6.0-a.2. The problem is that I've checked its code and I see that it doesn't include the patch of this errata: https://wpml.org/errata/issues-overriding-default-user-activation-template-gravity-forms-user-registration-add/. In fact the code changed significantly and you won't be able to apply the same patch described in the errata. So, in order to update to latest beta and apply the 'new version' of this patch I suggest you to follow these steps:

0- Make a full backup of your site and database (just to be sure we can always rollback to your current version if the issue is not fixed)

1- Download WPML 3.6.0-a.2 version from wpml.org and upload it on your wp-content/plugins folder (replacing the current wpml folder)

2- Edit sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php file and replace this line you'll find in line 2823:

$wp_query = clone $this->wp_query;

With the following:

if ( is_object( $this->wp_query ) ) {
	$wp_query = clone $this->wp_query;
} else {
	// If `$this->wp_query` is not set at least uss native $wp_query

$this->wp_query =  clone $wp_query;
}

Let me know if your issues are fixed after updating to latest beta and applying this fix (the updated version of the errata patch).

Thanks,
Bernat

October 20, 2016 at 4:29 pm #1119795

Santi Azpilicueta

Hi Bernat,

The beta version still does not fix my issue. I have to re-configure the WPML on the main site again after I activate it on another site.

Do you think maybe I need to cleanup the database. Is there a quick way how to do it ?

October 20, 2016 at 5:07 pm #1119830

Santi Azpilicueta

I did find a workaround for the issue(which is not great solution). I can activate and configure WPML manually on every site when I install it for the first time, then I will only leave it on sites that I need it. Like this I can activate/deactivate on another site whenever I want, because the re-activation on the main site happens only when I activate WPML on another site for the first time.

October 24, 2016 at 9:05 am #1121417

Bernat Torras

Hi Santi,

Thanks for reporting your results and workaround. I've reported your issue to our development team and they'll take a deep look at it in order to fix all possible inconsistencies in next versions. I know that they're already working to fix some multisite minor issues now, so I'm sure they'll take a deeper look at it and try to fix everything possible to avoid this kind of issues.

Meanwhile, (and if you agree) as there is nothing else we can do here for now, I'll close this ticket.

I'll keep you updated, but I also suggest you to keep an eye on future updates and try to update regularly to check if the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Bernat