This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 9:19 am #3805097

malekA

I am trying to:

Make WPML a very easy process - we are creating pages sometimes from themes and doing the whole site in German to start with. We then go to WPML to install and duplicate the pages. When configuring WPML as soon as the license has been uploaded about 15 pages are not visible.

We have fixed this for now by debugging WPML but this wasted 8 hrs of time, if not more trying to find the bug and resetting everything.

We use elementor and we cannot use the normal editor that WPML provides to just put the copy into the WPML translator - the process we have to do is duplicate the page on the right handside of the GERMAN version and then go into Elementor and edit the ENGLISH version. This seems time consuming but also we don't want the editor on WPML to delete teh English version. If you press the pencil next to the German to edit the English it deletes any changes that were made in English on Elementor, replaced it all with German!

We would also like to know if we can create a pop up manually like we have on this page hidden link but we want to do it with Elementor and WPML only as the theme is very heavy.

Kind regards,

Alex

May 14, 2019 at 9:47 am #3805459

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

For support rules we are able to handle only one issue at a time and this is especially important with recurring issues or more complex things. This practice also helps other WPML users to browse through resolved issues and to find solutions more easily.

Can you tell me if I am right if I see several questions/issues here? If yes, can we focus on one first, e.g. this one:

When configuring WPML as soon as the license has been uploaded about 15 pages are not visible.

Which license would that be? I am not sure what you mean by this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML deleting pages on upload – cannot use translater on elementor either’ is closed to new replies.