Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Strange strings with numerals showing after migration of site and activating WPML String Translation

Solution: There was a known compatibility issue between Duplicator and WordPress 4.8.3 -

Please try to migrate again creating a new package using an updated version of the Duplicator plugin.

If it was not the case and while another supporter takes personal charge of your situation please give us more info about the migration process.

Let us know if it helps.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Rainer 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 27, 2017 at 6:09 pm #1442714


Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Thats great to hear ! I took a look at the site and everything looks as expected.

You can clear the WPML cache , by going to WPML => Support , and click on "Troubleshooting" while in the Troubleshooting page please perform the actions

[Do NOT perform the RESET as this will remove all your translations and you will lose your work]

November 28, 2017 at 10:00 am #1443239


Today I checked the website again. I think the problem is solved!!!
Thank you