Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by margotK 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
November 14, 2019 at 9:31 am #4945025

margotK

Hello there,
I just updated my version of WordPress to version 5.3.
One of the big visible changes in this version is a new design of the administration panel.
And it seems that some elements of WPML are not adapted. (see attached file)

Capture 1: I no longer see the status of the translations of each page. Here the "home" page has the English/German translation but I don't see the usual button to modify them and the "basket" page for example doesn't have any translation so I should see "+" icons to add them.

Capture 2: As with the first one, I no longer see the status of the translations, so I can't access the other translations (or add any if there are none)

However, WPML seems to be compatible as indicated on this page:
https://wpml.org/fr/ (under the download button)

I know that if it's a compatibility issue, the solution of returning to wordpress 5.2 will probably solve my problem, and I wouldn't mind, but I would still like to ask you to be sure 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help !

November 14, 2019 at 9:52 am #4945213

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I have moved the chat to forum ticket for continued support.

I am unable to reproduce the issue in a clean installation hidden link
Maybe there is something that is preventing the display of wpml options.

Try to use Google Chrome built-in console to see if there are any errors displayed when you try to it. You can access the console from your Settings > Tools > JavaScript Console

Here you have more information about this:
hidden link
hidden link

If you are still stuck. Please share temporary access to your site. Let me check this for you. Use the secured forms when you log in to reply to this response.

Kind regards
Raja

November 15, 2019 at 6:34 am #4951281

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thanks for the access.

I have checked your site. I see that the CSS file responsible for displaying the icons is not loaded on your site. This might be due to any of your plugin or theme is interacting and preventing the file load.

To find if the issue is due to a plugin conflict please follow the below troubleshooting steps in a staging or development environment
- Backup your site and database.
- Disable all NON-WPML plugin, Except WooCommerce and related plugin check if the issue can be resolved.
- If the issue disappears enable the plugin one by one to isolate the conflicting plugin

Regarding the chats. We are now supporting the clients on chat, Whenever an issue is posted on the forum it will be answered in chat if there is any supporter online. In case if the supporter or the client is not active it will be moved to forum ticket. The chat transcript will be added as a private reply below your initial forum response (check attached screenshot)

Kind regards
Raja

November 18, 2019 at 9:19 am #4963349

margotK

I didn't found the plugin that's causing the problem, but I have to reinstall my wordpress anyway so this may solve the problem.

Thank you for your help !