We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 10:40 am

larsS-4

Since approx. three months ago new blog entries in Swedish are displayed also on the English blog. Swedish is standard.
Using theme Enfolds standard blog page.

Swedish blog entry example “Terminsstart HT 2019” at hidden link
is also displayed on the English blog hidden link hidden link

August 7, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4356021

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I kindly ask you to follow this steps:
- Create a full backup of the site.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Edit the post -> Re-save it.
- Re-save the permalink structure.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting options highlighted in the attached image.

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 7, 2019 at 2:57 pm #4356273

larsS-4

Hi Carlos,

Followed the instructions and the problem persists.

BR
Lars

August 7, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4357719

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I took another look at the site and when you visit Appearance -> Themes you can see a message with a suggestion of installing three additional WPML plugins. Please install this plugins and let me know if the issue disappears.

Best regards,
Carlos

August 8, 2019 at 6:35 am #4359967

larsS-4

I cannot find the suggestion to install additional WPML plugins. See enclosed pic of Appearance -> Themes.
I have had this setup for 3 years and now suddenly this issue occurs. I would rather not install additional plugins if it can be avoided.

BR
Lars

August 8, 2019 at 10:33 am #4361829

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Lars,

Please see the attache image.

I visited the site again and I found an issue related to the original one. When you edit the blog/news page you will get redirected to the edit screen of the “Terminsstart HT 2019” post. Could you confirm you are seeing this same behavior?

Regards,
Carlos

August 8, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4363757

larsS-4

When you edit the blog/news page you will get redirected to the edit screen of the “Terminsstart HT 2019” post. Could you confirm you are seeing this same behavior?
- Yes. Both the Swedish and English blog pages.

I see what you mean about suggested downloads. Yoast SEO is already installed.I would rather not install further plugins if it can be avoided.

August 8, 2019 at 8:58 pm #4366059

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I understand that you don't want to install additional plugins, but in this case it is worth to install these plugins and double check if the issue persists. Could you install this plugins and let me know if the issue persists?

Also, if you recreate the blog page, does the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

August 9, 2019 at 7:05 am #4367873

larsS-4

Both plugins installed and activated and created an entirely new blog page without improvement: hidden link

Regards,
Lars

August 9, 2019 at 10:53 am #4369579

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Lars,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

In order to rule out some possible compatibility issue with a third party functionality I kindly ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Regards,
Carlos

August 11, 2019 at 1:13 pm #4376995

larsS-4

Hi again,

Have followed the instructions with one exeption; I used Twenty Nineteen.
The result is negative. The problem persists.

Regards,
Lars

August 12, 2019 at 6:59 am #4378649

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

In this case I would like to ask your authorization to make a copy of the site in order to run some tests in a local environment without affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

August 12, 2019 at 7:01 am #4378657

larsS-4

No problem. Go ahead.

August 12, 2019 at 7:05 am #4378661

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you very much for your authorization. I will create a copy of the site and start running some tests in local. I will keep you updated.

Regards,
Carlos

August 12, 2019 at 3:39 pm