This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fernandoG-11 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
March 27, 2019 at 10:15 am #3469493

fernandoG-11

In this Yoast issue: hidden link

WPML developer David Garcia Watkins stated he is working on support for hreflang tags in the XML sitemap generated by Yoast. It was expected in WPML 4.1.0, then 4.2.0, and now there have been no further updates since 2018-12-14. Can I get an update on the status of this feature, either in this thread or on GitHub?

Thanks!

March 27, 2019 at 5:11 pm #3474183

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I got in touch with my colleague, David, and he told me that he is still working on the code for that. He said he has a good part of it ready but there are still a few tweaks that he has to work on.

I would have loved to be able to tell you when this will be launched or give you a specific date but unfortunately, we don't know for sure yet as it is still being worked on.

That is all the information that I have at the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

March 28, 2019 at 1:32 am #3476439

fernandoG-11

Thanks for your quick response and confirming this is still being worked on! I will check back for status again if I haven't seen the feature come out after a few versions 🙂