This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christianH-80 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 4:23 pm

christianH-80

I am trying to:
Show German text instead of English text in header menu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Translation of header, e.g. "New? Start here!" should be "Neu? Starte hier"
It worked, but now it does not work anymore.
Funny thing: The links are converted correctly.
But not for the Jevelin theme links.
I created a ticket before regarding Jevelin theme and you provided something for this.
PFA screenshots of the header - one in German, one in English.
Header does not change, but the content.
Strings are all translated...

Instead, I got:
Native language.

July 4, 2019 at 1:27 am #4139427

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed you don't have a german translation for your 'Header Navigation' in your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Menus settings, instead you have an independently german menu listed for the english language which is not the correct behavior here. As you have a simple menu with a few items I recommend you to add a german translation for it according our instructions at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/. Please, let me know if it helps or if you need any additional details and clarifications. Have a nice day.

July 6, 2019 at 10:19 am #4155601

christianH-80

Sometimes there is kind of a "reset" of the admin translations when I have to restore my site. However...
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!