This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When selecting the secondary language, the page is not loading. I did not make any changes to WPML settings. It worked very well. Now it doesn't work.

Solution: Just make sure that all the options from Dashboard → LiteSpeed Cache → Settings → [5] Optimize area are set to Off. Once you purge the cache, things will be back to normal. Usually, this issue is caused by styles and scripts that are minified and are no longer working as expected.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by baSbuGK 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
October 5, 2019 at 4:46 am

baSbuGK

I did not make any changes to WPML settings. It worked very well. Now it doesn't work. You can see my problem from the attached link

Thank you

hidden link

October 7, 2019 at 5:57 am #4704389

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for sharing that video. It was very helpful.

I was able to fix this one by going to Dashboard → LiteSpeed Cache → Settings → [5] Optimize area. Once I purged the cache one more time, everything worked very well while changing the language.

I think that all the CSS and JS minifying done by the plugin is not that good for the theme (and the plugins) you're using. I had a look at the errors from the console (when the page wasn't loading) and I could see that there was something related to a notes plugin.

Now, you can go back to the optimizing section of the caching plugin and try to set back on only a couple options. You can do this one by one to see which one of them is causing this issue on your website.

Thanks,
Radu

October 7, 2019 at 6:58 am #4704751

baSbuGK

you are great, thank you very much for your help.