This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 3:27 pm

owenB

I am trying to: Translate Advanced Custom fields groups (CTP)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: the Custom Fields page - wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=acf-field-group&lang=all

I expected to see: My 17 existing Advanced custom fields listed under multiple languages. I have attached 2 images to show before and after updating ACF to v5.7.7. In the after image there are 2 languages so says at the top there are 34 custom field groups. You'll see in the before image how that used to look.

Instead, I got: No custom Fields groups, and the page they were applied to do not have the fields.

Additional: The ACF plugin is the free version, and recently it updated, making a big jump from 4.4.12 to 5.7.7 and required a database update. My site is multisite and I could do this through the Network for all sites. This works for sites not using WPML and the Field Groups re-appear and work fine after the DB update. But this does not work for sites using WPML, all the ACF groups are gone. There has been no update to your plugin Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual since the ACF plugin update

The access I supplied is a staging site, and the SFTP uses port 2222.

October 12, 2018 at 4:24 pm #2812607

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I tried to replicate the issue on a fresh installation and I couldn't replicate it.
Before upgrading the database, I couldn't see the group field, just as you said, but after the upgrade they are there again.

From the second screenshot (the one without the fields group), I can tell the fields weren't deleted. They are still in the database but WPML can't see them. Probably they lost their language, so you can try this:

- back you your site and database
- go to WPML -> Support -> "troubleshooting" link
- click on "Set language information"

If this doesn't work, maybe it's related to your site being a multisite.
It's true we didn't update our glue plugin in a while, but since we claim to be 100% compatible we always test it after every ACF update, primarily because it works even with ACF Pro, which is updated more often than the free version.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML does not work with latest update of ACF (v5.7.7)’ is closed to new replies.