This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Stéphane 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
January 9, 2017 at 5:45 pm #1177795

Stéphane

Hi Sumit,

thanks for helping !

You're right, this string now works fine.
But for example, if you consider the string "Loading ..." which appears when a page is loading, that very strange because it worked well when it is translated in "admin_texts_theme_mods_wordpressman-child" and not when translated with "Theme mod".
You can see it clearly when loading that page because it is a bit longer to load:
hidden link
I left the translation in "admin_texts_theme_mods_wordpressman-child", and you can modify it for the test.

Also, the other string that won't translate is the widget in that page:
hidden link
This the address widget. The only thing that shoud change is: "West" that should become "Ouest". This one never worked ! It is registred with "admin_texts_widget_text".

Thanks for keeping on helping !

January 10, 2017 at 11:39 am #1178407

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Stéphane,

#1 Loading ... string twice but both are from Admin String Translation from String Translation and one for child theme another for parent theme. So string for parent theme is inactive thus you only have one string to translate.
The case for "Get A Feasibility" string is different. Looks like one is coming from wpml-config.xml file OR API and another one is registered.

#2 The string you have translated belongs to text widget but currently it is not text widget. It is a custom widget.
You are seeing this string because in past you may have a text widget. Right now I would suggest you use https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpml-widgets/ plugin. And create two widgets one for each language. Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks

January 10, 2017 at 1:08 pm #1178508

Stéphane

Hi Summit,

Concerning the widget translation, it works with your plugin, so by now, everything is resolved. Thanks for your support !