Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
November 8, 2021 at 3:51 pm #9948645

joanS-9

I am trying to: Our website supports gift cards by using the plugin Yith. Via WPML we've translated the text from the pdf that clients download when a purchase is made (see picture).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen + expected to see: in this case you have to purchase a gift card in a different language from ENG and the pdf you receive after the purchase will be in ENG when it should be in the same language that the purchase was made.

We've escalated the issue to Yith support but they claim it's a WPML issue. Could you take a look at it.

In order to try it for yourselves, you can make gift card purchases via bank transfer and validate the purchase in the admin panel in order to simulate the purchase process and check the results in your email.

Best regards,
Joan

Screenshot_at_Oct_28_12-08-41.png
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-08 at 11.43.20.jpeg
November 10, 2021 at 2:18 pm #9966875

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know once the migration process is done. Thanks.

November 11, 2021 at 12:14 pm #9974171

joanS-9

I've tried the steps you've mentioned but I'm getting the error code shown in the image attached.

fe3fa25f-1d68-43ff-951e-b1c866b963e6.JPG
November 11, 2021 at 5:43 pm #9977129

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the error regarding the correct URL usage. Please, try this url: hidden link it includes the missing 'hidden link; protocol part.

Please, let me know if it works this time. Have a nice day.

November 11, 2021 at 6:56 pm #9977575

joanS-9

Hi! I've tried several times but I keep getting an error message with very few information. I've included details of the latest config used for more info to you. So far I haven't used the fields database user and password you provided.

config-2.png
config-1.png
Screenshot at Nov 11 19-54-22.png
November 12, 2021 at 10:29 pm #9985389

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My apologies for he inconvenience. It could be that the server which we use for the migration is not working as expected or that the storage is not enough for migrating a copy of your site.

I have a few querstions:

You tried to replace the PDF in second language by uploading different PDFs at WPML -> Media Translation?

Further, there are new versios for our plugins available. Please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial -> Search for WPML Updates and then install the available updates.

After that try again replacing the PDFs by uploading alterntive versions for each language at WPML -> Media Translation.

If this will not solve the issue, I can offer to provide a test-site on which we can try to recreate this issue in order to escalate it towards our compatibility team.

Best regards
Andreas

November 15, 2021 at 9:01 am #9994493

joanS-9

Hi Andreas,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your replay. What we've done is replacing the text on WPML (not replacing de PDFs) as shown in the screen shots from the original message. Despite translating the text strings in the WPML plugin we don't see the change in the email received by the costumers.

Can you help us here?
Best,
Joan

November 17, 2021 at 2:45 am #10010693

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Joan,

My apologies, I thought you were refering to the actual PDF which should be a different file in second language.

Yes, I would like to assist you on this purpose.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “All In One WP Migration" or "Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

November 18, 2021 at 12:03 am #10018711

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

When trying to access the site login I sadly get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

In case you need my public I.P it's:

I can also offer that we test "YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards Premium" on a test-site which I can provide. Maybe we can try to recreate the issue and if it persist son this test-site I can try to find a solution and/or escalate the issue towards our compatilbity team.

I will only need to provide a copy of the plugin in its latest version for testing and your time to recreate the issue in simple manner.

Would this be possible?

Best regards
Andreas

November 18, 2021 at 8:28 am #10020489

joanS-9

Hi Andreas! I’m sorry I forgot to mention that to access the admin dashboard you should use a VPN a connect through Spain. Could you try again like this?
Thanks

November 18, 2021 at 9:31 pm #10026387

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I was sadly still not able to access the site.

Do you maybe have a suggestion for that purpose, as I have tried today five different FREE VPN services and they all do not allow access to Spain, unless oyu pay for the service.

I would suggest you setup a staging or clone site and make sure that it is accessible for testing. Further like that we could debug any occuring issues without affecting your live-site.

Best regards
Andreas

November 22, 2021 at 1:14 pm #10043977

joanS-9

hi Andreas! Would you mind trying now to access the site? You should be able to connect with the credentials I gave you.

I would appreciate if you could take a look but do not modify anything for now. We are in the middle of uploading a bunch of products for Christmas that need to be sold soon.

In any case the migration it can be done because I've installed the plugins you required to migrate the web to your servers and do the testing there.

Best regards,
Joan

November 24, 2021 at 3:15 am #10056629

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message.

The only change I took was adding this XML markup at WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Config in order to try to force the YITH strings to show up as translated.

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="ywgc_description_template_text_pdf"></key>
        <key name="ywgc_description_template_email_text"></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Then I made purchase for a gift card (Bank transfer) and marked it as completed.

The email I am receiving is not showing up as translated, apart from the product name.

I would suggest we simply try to recreate this issue on a test site and escalate it internally, as I bleieve we can very possibly recreate this on a new WordPress install with WPML and WooCommerce only.

Would you be able to provide the YITH Gift Cards plugin in its latest version for this purpose?

If so, please install it on the following test site and leave me a short notification:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

I am taking a site copy to installed it locally on a virtual server.

I will get in contact with you sooner.

Best regards
Andreas

November 24, 2021 at 9:04 am #10057953

joanS-9

Hi Andreas! Site copy has been made to the provided link. We decided to transfer the hole site (not only the plugin).

Best,
Joan

November 25, 2021 at 12:27 am #10063951

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Joan,

In order to revise the whole site I can take a copy and install it on a virtual server.

The purpose of the provided sandbox was to test the plugin and confirm if there is a compatilbity issue between the plugin and WPML.

I took a look on the migrated copy of the site and I see that still many plugins and the Avada Theme are not updated.

Anyhow, I can confirm, that the issue persists on the copy of your site, even when running it only with Avada, WooCommerce, YITH Gift Cards and WPML in their latest available versions.

Our internal procedure requieres that we confirm if a similar issues is rpelicable on a new install of WordPress in minimal setup.

Please install Yith Gift Cards Premium here. If testing the plugin reuqieres a registration and you do not have any key available for this test, then I will need to ask you to contact the plugin author and report the issue there.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the plugin is installed. If you could also please recreate the gift card, product and email I would be very thankful.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Wpml doesn't translate the download pdf from Yith plugin’ is closed to new replies.