If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: String Translation slowing the site Solution: Try clearing unneeded strings, as per instructions from the threads below: Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-drastically-slow-down-my-site-2/page/2/#post-3541827 https://wpml.org/forums/topic/extra-slow-site-after-installing-wpml/

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ann-helenJ 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 5, 2019 at 7:52 am #3541827

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

This:

I noticed that when I active any plugin it automatically gets translated by WPML without my knowledge.

Happens because you need to do this as well:

But before this, go to WPML -> String translation -> Auto register strings for translation and remove the setting from all of these domains that you will not be translating.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 24, 2019 at 12:52 pm #3673043

ann-helenJ

Thanks Bruno.

Just to clarify.... are you suggesting I activate the other plugins and then in STRING TRANSLATION I delete those strings that are not necessary? Forgive my ignorance but I do not quite understand the screenshot you attached.

Thank you for your patience.

April 25, 2019 at 8:47 am #3680275

ann-helenJ

Unfortunately, after following your advice, activating string translation still causes my WP admin and site to crash.