This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 1:35 pm #3703835

klausW-3

All of a sudden WPML or WP Media Folder duplicated all my folders and images in one language. E.g: I have three languages and I have one folder three times or even more in one language.
I can't move the images or delete the duplicated folders because I get the message that there are still items inside. When I delete an image in one of the duplicated folders it is deleted in the "original" folder as well.

I hope you understand my problem and can help me

April 30, 2019 at 4:32 am #3707807

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I understand you are having issues with duplicated media files and folders. WPML does not duplicate images (media files), it only creates an extra record in the database. That is, the images that are in the wp-content/uploads directory are the same as the original language.

Being so it seems like the issues probably happened due to some conflicts or php errors. I would need your help to narrow down the issue. Could you please provide feedback on the following questions as much as possible?

Deleting the media files
Disable deleting the media from all languages
- Go to: WPML > Settings > Posts and pages synchronization
- Check the box called "When deleting a post, delete translations as well"
- Click the blue "Save" button
- Now delete the media file

Bulk Delete the media file
- Before you follow the steps below, fully back up your site.
- Click on the Media > Library
- Switch to the secondary language - use the top bar to switch languages
- Switch library view to "List". I'll attach an image for you to see.
- Click on the "Delete Permanently" link.

Does this help?

Can you confirm that you are still experiencing performance issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Nineteen)

Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Thank you for helping us to pinpoint the issue. Feel free to add any further information you may have.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML duplicates WP Media Folder folders and images’ is closed to new replies.