This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 7:22 pm

cagex

Demo Video:
hidden link

Issue:
All Button/CTA/Links have a translation issue wherein if they change from internal link back to external and then back again to internal the translation will become broken.

Workaround:
The string translation for the button in question must be deleted. At this point the page should be edited with elementor and "saved/updated". This will trigger a new translation job which will correct the issue.

May 30, 2019 at 1:36 am
May 30, 2019 at 1:37 am #3919283

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

May 31, 2019 at 2:43 pm #3931281

cagex

Hi,

I've setup an example of the bug on this page in your environment:
hidden link

To reproduce the issue please do the following:
1. Add Elementor Button Widget to Page
2. Set Button Link to "Home" and publish.
3. Update French Translation.
4. Edit English Page and update button link to hidden link
5. Update French Translation.
6. Edit English Page and update button link to "Home" and publish.
7. Update French Translation.

At this point the button will no long properly translate. This applies to most "Link" type elementor widgets but button is the easiest way to demonstrate the issue.

Thanks,

Marc.

June 4, 2019 at 7:57 pm #3954987

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Marc,

Thank you for the details and sorry for the bit of waiting here. I took a closer look in the sandbox test site and performed the steps, although it really shows the fields for external links in the WPML Translation Editor when you set back to a internal link (site url for example) it does translate properly when you just click the save button for the updated french translation. I noticed it translate properly from 'hidden link' to 'hidden link' so we can confirm the internal links are properly being translated by WPML despite the extra fields for external links in the translation editor. Can you please review it and confirm if you see the same behavior? Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.