Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't set Elementor conditions or exclusions.

Solution: Please update your plugin to WPML 4.1.4 and relative Add-ons versions.

Relevant Documentation:https://wpml.org/2019/01/wpml-works-fine-with-wordpress-5/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 26, 2018 at 5:26 pm #2941485

shaneB-8

Ok cool! Sorry I opened another ticket since I was thinking perhaps the chat feature would be better to work together. Thanks for debugging and isolating the issue.

November 27, 2018 at 6:41 pm #2945570

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

After checking everything out and after very long debug sessions, i found the problem seems to be an incompatibility problem between Elementor conditions feature and WPML.

Basically, when the rule "include - All Pages" is set, that rule will never be "overwritten" by the exclusions on translated pages. if you remove it, the other rules will take effect and as long as they don't overlap with each other, you'll have everything working as expected. so as a workaround i'd advise you add include rules for each page you want and just remove the exclude rule.

I already forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the theme's author and try to solve the problem.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

November 27, 2018 at 6:44 pm #2945573

shaneB-8

Hmm interesting. I think I'll have to report that directly to Elementor as well. Thanks for finding it out. Let me check out the problem a little further and see if I can replicate it as you have suggested. It's definitely not ideal to have to select each page, but maybe there is another way that I could do this

November 27, 2018 at 6:45 pm #2945578

shaneB-8

Thanks for taking the time btw to go through this I really appreciate that.

November 27, 2018 at 7:01 pm #2945607
shaneB-8

BTW there is still the issue of when I translate the footer that it never seems to work? I had reported that issue too. This doesn't use any special features, but never seems to copy properly

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-elementor-footer-not-translating/

November 27, 2018 at 7:43 pm #2945725

shaneB-8

I tested this and can confirm that the Included All is the problem. There are two other known issues that still are happening.

1) The actual widget to display products is limited to 'Hebergement'. This is translated to Accommodations in English. When I translate the page and look at it hidden link you will notice that it is outputting all of the actual products.

2) The footer is not translating properly (I know I mentioned that above but I just wanted to note it here). The _only_ way I ever go this to work is to export the footer and re-import it in English and linked to the French one. But this is less than ideal if we make changes as they are not ported :/

November 28, 2018 at 5:39 pm #2949371

Alejandro
Supporter

Oh, sorry i must've overlooked the footer problem, i'll take a look at it at return with a diagnostic and hopefully a solution.

However we already escalated this problem with our developers and they will also get in touch with Elementor's authors, but if you do, then that would probably help a lot as well!

November 28, 2018 at 7:33 pm #2949598

shaneB-8

Just for consistency I reported it here hidden link as well as through their support channel on the pro version. Let me know what you discover with teh footer as this is really like the last thing I need to get working!

Thanks so much for your dedication

November 28, 2018 at 8:08 pm #2949655

shaneB-8

Okay so I tried your suggestion and actually it only partially works. It seems that Elementor is not translating the category that I had set for the product listings. You can see that here hidden link

November 29, 2018 at 9:48 am #2951416

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

first of all, everything regarding the footer can now be discussed in this new ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-elementor-footer-not-translating/

Let's use this ticket for the conditional problem in elementor.

Talking about that, The developers handling your case just got back to me and told me it's a known issue and they are working on it. Apparently, in elementor 2.2.x they changed the filter we use here in WPML to get the conditionals right and now only "global" conditions are applying if there are other conditions set, so if you happen to have more details discovered on your own about this matter, then you can post them here and i'll pass them on to the compatibility team.

They don't have an approximate time for the fix, yet but they are working on it.

I'll keep you updated.

November 30, 2018 at 1:02 pm #2956165
shaneB-8

Okay perfect! Actually in the issue I posted they reported repairing it so now I believe it is on your end to repair the rest.

The remaining issue on this page is the content that appears. Woocommerce Products is not translating the proper category to English and therefore displays ALL the content. If you look at the French versus the English you will see. The items that are messed up shouldn't be there.

hidden link vs hidden link

December 6, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2974798

shaneB-8

I just wanted to point out that your solution to set specific conditions doesn't work. I did that for the page template and in English none of the templates are used :/

December 6, 2018 at 4:19 pm #2974963

shaneB-8

The details are simply that I am :

* Creating a general include all with specific targetted pages to exclude

The latest change with Elementor has now broken :

* Inclusions of any page...

Eeek this was working before can you give me a temporarily solution I really need to release this site?

December 6, 2018 at 8:00 pm #2975540

shaneB-8

The only way to get this to work was to use include all and then exclude. On the English exclusion pages I had to use css in order to hide the default things that were appearing on the page template. It's disappointing the integration, and also the amount of issues I've found thus far.

December 7, 2018 at 7:22 am #2976829

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

There have been 2 updates since our first conversations but yes, turns out there was a configuration that we (WPML + Elementor authors) agreed on a while back, but then that configuration changed.

Our developers are working on this and they are giving maximum priority to this matter so we hope to have a fix ASAP.

It's very important for us to have this working. You don't have to answer this post or anything, i'll keep you updated on any development we have on this.

In the meantime i deeply thank you for your patience.