This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 7:31 pm

cagex

Demo Video:
hidden link

Issue:
When using an Elementor image widget with a custom image caption the caption does not translate correctly or dissapears.

Workaround:
Use the attachment caption feature in place of a custom caption to get around this issue.

May 30, 2019 at 1:29 am #3919279

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It is a known bug our developers are currently working on. Although we don't have an estimated time regarding when it will be fixed you can try this workaround for now:

1 - Add the caption for the image in yourWordPress Dashboard > Media Library

2 - Translate the caption for that image either in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Media Translation or by using the language selector in yourWordPress Dashboard > Media Library

Please, let me know if it helps. Have a nice day.

June 3, 2019 at 2:04 pm #3943217

cagex

Thanks for the update. Could you please let us know when this issue has been resolved. We've been experiencing a fair amount of issues using WPML with Elementor but we have logged separate tickets for the issues we're finding.

June 4, 2019 at 2:06 am #3946969

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Unfortunately I can't estimate when it will be fixed as it is not for us supporters to determine it. I have added your particular ticket to our list of related issues so it can get a chance to be fixed soon based on the amount of requests and reported issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding, have a nice day.