Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by ianstudio 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 12:00 am #4103219

christophS-41

Hi,

is there a known issue with WPML and the translation of Elementor PopUps?
I created a translated variant of the default language (german) popup. It appears on the german sites without a problem (see white-lounge.ch). On the italien pages it doesn't appear at all (see white-lounge.ch/it/).

June 28, 2019 at 6:20 am #4104753

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Yes a similar issue was already reported where Elementor PopUps translation does not carry over to translated pages. As a workaround, you can Open translation in Elementor (so skip CTE or ATE) and set the field manually.

The issue has been already escalated to WPML developers for fixing. However, I can't give you any dates, it could end up in the next release or in 6 months. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

I will now mark this thread as 'Escalated to WPML developers team' and add your ticket to the list of clients waiting for a resolution. Once we have any update, I will update you on this same ticket.

Kind regards,
Dennis

November 8, 2019 at 6:31 pm #4916099

thorstenR-2

Same thing here, 4 months later ....

January 21, 2020 at 11:00 pm #5336635

ianstudio

One of those Elementor/WPML issues that will likely linger on and on and frustrate and waste the time of hundreds if not thousands of people, when it could be resolved with a little good will on the part the two teams if they were to cooperate and desire to fix this.

PS: This is the world we live in. And we think we can fight climate change.