This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 6:29 pm

gevorgK

Hello.

I am trying to: Duplicate product archive template (I use Elementor theme builder).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link - Hebrew version is ok.
hidden link - default woocommerce template gets assinged, unexpected.

I expected to see: the product archive as it is on both languages (english, hebrew) on the shop page and category pages.

Instead, I got: the product archive doesn't shows up on hebrew version(english, hebrew) in categories but on the shop page does.

In details:

I'm using Elementor Pro in combination with WPML to administrate my multilanguage website (English and Hebrew). As we all know, Hebrew is Right-To-Left language and English is Left-To-Right, that's why I have to use 2 versions of the same template at home page, categories, blog, etc.. I cannot just translate text entries, because of the design that is different.
For instance:
hidden link - blogs in English.
hidden link - blogs in Hebrew.

So I'm duplicating templates.

And all good except for one issue:
As usually, using Elementor's theme builder, I create a Product Archive and I want it to show up in all the product archives, so using Display Conditions, I select All Product Archives. Then I duplicate recently created template to make its Hebrew version then I set Display Conditions — All Product Archives.
The templates show up perfectly on shop page in both languages, but in product categories only English template get recognized, the Hebrew one doesn't work.

So, Product Archive assigned to be shown in product categories location works either in English or in Hebrew depending on which one was created first. If I create the English one, the Hebrew doesn't work, I create the Hebrew template first — so the English one doesn't work. How can I get this worked properly?

Thank you in advance.

June 25, 2019 at 11:20 am #4083697

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

From what I gathered so far. The Elementor templates are applied following some conditions. But it seems that the conditions were not applied for the English website. See the attached image.

I suspect that this is a new bug introduced in the latest versions of either WPML plugins or Elementor Pro. To confirm that, I'll need to reproduce this issue in one of our clean installs. For that reason, I created a new server with WooCommerce installed. Please configure WPML similarly to your website, upload Elementor Pro, create a product archive template and translate it.
If the issue is reproduced in this clean install, I'll escalate this ticket to our compatibility team for further analysis and eventually a fix. Please use the following URL to log in to the test server.
hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

June 25, 2019 at 8:46 pm #4087169

gevorgK

Hi,

I have configured WPML as you asked, I have uploded Elementor Pro and have created a product archive template with a duplicate in Hebrew.

All works good, both on English and Hebrew version.

hidden link - shop
hidden link - shop hebrew
hidden link - product category
hidden link - product category hebrew

June 26, 2019 at 9:59 am #4091215

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

As this was not reproduced in a clean install. It is not actually a bug.

I found that two English templates are set for "product archives" this may cause a conflict.

What I would suggest is to remove the templates that were created in English(secondary language). If possible recreate the templates in Hebrew(default language) and try again.

I would also check if you have set the display conditions for the duplicated template. I think that we should not need that, the duplicated template has to pull the conditions from the original template.

What if you translated the templates through the classic translation editor instead of duplicating them? Can you try it?

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML + ELEMENTOR, product archive template doesn't show up in categories’ is closed to new replies.