This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 11:39 am

philippG-22

I am trying to: Install WPML

url of website is hidden link

I expected to see: Step 3 of the Setup

Instead, I got: Error 500 in the console

Thanks

June 26, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4092253

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

500 is an internal error which is related to server or incompatible.

So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Console Errors
In your chrome browser Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac) before you go to this step.
Check if you see any red errors here : hidden link and let me know.

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

June 26, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4092413

philippG-22

Hey, thanks for Your answer. I've tried these steps but error is there again. This is what I see in Console

June 26, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4092457

philippG-22

This is error_log file
--------------------------

[26-Jun-2019 12:22:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/setup/sitepress-setup.class.php:361
Stack trace:
#0 /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/setup/wpml-installation.class.php(87): SitePress_Setup::insert_default_category('de')
#1 /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/languages/class-wpml-languages-ajax.php(48): WPML_Installation->set_active_languages(Array)
#2 /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Languages_AJAX->set_active_languages_action('')
#3 /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#4 /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#5 /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(167): do_action('wp_ajax_wpml_se...')
#6 {main}
thrown in /home/stampar1/public_html/scharfen3/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/setup/sitepress-setup.class.php on line 361

June 27, 2019 at 6:07 am #4096849

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Blocking admin ajax is server related.
Please show this hidden link to your hosting support.
They will be able to fix this.

Before doing that I suggest you disable all the plugins (except WPML plugins) and check the issue.
If you still see the issue, do contact them.

Regarding the other issue I am checking with the team but the above mentioned issue should be fixed before.

Let me know after checking this.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Error’ is closed to new replies.