Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 18, 2018 at 12:58 am #2531122

mohammedB-5

Hi Dear,
please note that i had a problem in my website so i restored the site , after this restoration the Wpml is not working good and there is an error on my front :

To easily translate Visual Composer and WooCommerce, you need to add the following WPML components:
WPML Translation Management
WPML String Translation (Install | Download)
WooCommerce Multilingual (Install | Download)

note that all of these plugins are already installed. so please help me in the following points
1- kindly check and rectify this error
2- kindly test all the WPML setting in order to work perfectly
3- Regarding the currency, i dont want the current woocommerce currency switcher to be affected , so please when you install the wpml , disable the wpml currency switcher, maybe you will face error , i hope you can fix it
4- checking the variation of the product, for some products, the product color variations do not appear in the translated product , kindly find this product for example and note that its imported by Alidrobship:

Translated - Arabic
hidden link

Original - English
hidden link

5- Search box not looking good, i think there is a technical problem

please support as i am facing these problems long time before
thanks

July 18, 2018 at 1:14 pm #2532452

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

If the installation seems to be failed, you can try a manual installation following this procedure:

============================
==>Backup your website and database <==
============================

-Deactivate and delete the “installer” plugin (if you have it).
-Deactivate all WPML plugins.
-Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins/ folder.
-Delete all WPML folders.
-Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin, then extract it.
-Upload the plugin via FTP to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
(alternatively you could upload the .zip folder using Dashboard > Plugins > new > upload)
-Activate the WPML plugin via WP Dashboard > plugins.
-Complete the setup, if needed.
-Register WPML for your site (at the end of setup, click on “generate key” button).
-Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins and locate WPML Multilingual CMS.
-Click on the blue link that says “Registered”.
-Download and activate all needed WPML AddOn Plugins.

This should not generate any problems.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

As for the variation problem, I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.

As for the search box, I'm not sure what you mean with "not looking good", but this is something handled by the theme and not by WPML, so I'm afraid I cannot help you with this.

July 18, 2018 at 1:33 pm #2532480

mohammedB-5

really I am afraid to lose all the available settings, so can you do the rectification, please ???

July 18, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2532728

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

unfortunately, I'm not authorized to perform such actions unless yours is a test site (which doesn't seem to be). This because if something goes wrong we don't have full control on your server.

The procedure is safe, but we always suggest to backup first exactly for this reason. If you have a backup even if something goes wrong you won't lose anything.

July 19, 2018 at 10:15 am #2534417

mohammedB-5

Dear
i did same as what you told me , and everything going good except on thing, when i install the woocommerce multlingae then it will stop the existing woocommercce currency switcher and error will come to the currency , please note that i do not want to stop that . so please give me any solution to translate the product without using the woocommerce multlinge

July 19, 2018 at 10:29 am #2534445

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please elaborate a little more on this point
❝woocommerce multlingae then it will stop the existing woocommercce currency switcher and error will come to the currency❞
so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

July 19, 2018 at 10:47 am #2534493

mohammedB-5

July 19, 2018 at 10:47 am #2534496

mohammedB-5

i send you already the pictures .......................
No (1) , before the activation of woocommerce multilanguage , i am using the woocommerce currency switcher plugin and i am happy with that ,,,,
No (2) , after the activation, its clear that there is error in the currency, i do not want to use the WPML currency switcher , i want to use the existing woocommerce currency switcher

July 19, 2018 at 11:19 am #2534551

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

did you check the currency switcher options in
WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Multi-currency?

You can style your currency switcher from there. If you are not sure, please include a screenshot.

July 19, 2018 at 11:22 am #2534561

mohammedB-5

its not only style , there is error
the symbol SAR for all currencies !!!
its error please help me , and its not the first time i face this problem

July 19, 2018 at 11:36 am #2534578

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

Could you try to deactivate the WooCommerce Currency Switcher plugin? It seems there is a compatibility conflict beween this plugin and WCML.

July 19, 2018 at 12:58 pm #2534775

mohammedB-5

i need this plugin and i cannot stop it !

July 20, 2018 at 9:24 am #2536542

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we need to understand where the problem is and to do this we need to do some tests.
The first test is the compatibility test, where you see if the issue is still present even without plugins. Since there are other tickets related to WooCommerce Currency Switcher, I'm asking to test just this one at first, so we can skip the rest.

We always suggest having a test site, in local or on your same server in another directory.
If you can't do the test I can do it myself downloading a copy of your site, but it will require more time than if you do the test yourself.

July 20, 2018 at 4:54 pm #2565250

mohammedB-5

ok what is the next step ...
i need to translate the products without using wpml currency switcher !!!!
how to do that

July 23, 2018 at 12:30 pm #2569690

Laura
Supporter

You can disable the WCML currency switcher from WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Multi Currency, but if it's a compatibility issue I'm not sure it will solve the problem.

In that case, I will need a copy of the site, we usually suggest the Duplicator plugin to do it. If it's okay for you I'll enable a private answer so you can share the link with me.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Errors in my website’ is closed to new replies.