This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 3:20 am #4351649

johnP-43

Hi,

We are currently trying to integrate with a translation plugin called GlobalLink Project Director. We have run into an issue where the "Code" field does not match the standard language locales. I received this from the vendor using global link:

The thing we want you to ask WPML is that the language code sent from their integration is not standard language locale, so we’re not able to map them. Please advise us if WPML can suggest a way to convert those codes to standard language locale before send to us, or if they have any other workaround on this.

In the screenshot you can see that we currently have TW as the code for traditional Chinese where as the global link needs zh-tw. However we need to keep in mind that this code is currently being used to set the URL of our site.(/tw/example/)

Apologies if this is not enough information as I am not sure of the technical details of the issue.

August 7, 2019 at 4:08 am #4351977

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I have escalated the issue to the translation services team. I will update you once the code is mapped.

August 7, 2019 at 9:34 am #4353229

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, This is Ahmed Ibrahim from the translation proxy integration team.

We have added the mapping from "tw" to be "zh-tw", so can you please check and let me know if it is working now?

Best regards.

August 7, 2019 at 9:45 am #4353329

johnP-43

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for the fast response. That seems to have fixed the issue for TW. Could you please map the following as well:

be --> fr-be
latam --> es-mx
apac --> en-sg
eu --> en-gb
intl --> en-ca
us --> en-us

Thanks.
John.

August 9, 2019 at 9:40 pm #4373031

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I can see some non-standard languages, so I'm checking with our dev team and will come back to you soon.

Best regards.

August 12, 2019 at 8:57 am #4379407

johnP-43

Thanks Ahmed! Is there any update on this?

August 12, 2019 at 8:28 pm #4383539

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Ahmed is on vacations this week.

I've checked the issue and our dev team is discussing if and how can this be implemented.

I will update you as soon as we have news regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

Otto

August 19, 2019 at 10:59 am #4415445

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Our developers have created a fix for the non-standard languages, so can you please try to send the jobs again and see if it will be sent correctly to the translation service.

Best regards.